Another D2 Revival

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Another D2 Revival

Post by Phaser »

Ok..just as the topic says there's another D2 Revival coming up! WooHoo!!!!! :P :D :lol: OK...Well, the revival isn't going to be October 30th because of Halloween. It however is going to be on October 23rd. At 8:30 PM Cnt time on Kali. I hope everyone can still come. Maybe more of a chance for more to come so you don't have to worry about taking kids Trick-or-Treating or you doing it the next night. There is going to be a post on Planet Descent ( www.planetdescent.com ) And I also made a post on Stealths Hangar about the revival ( www.stealthshangar.com )

Thanks,
Phaser
Necrosis
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Necrosis »

I found this place last weekend while searching the net to see if anyone still played descent. It seems that the humans are still enjoying the realms of the game.
I shall be at this revival.
_[]_
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I'll see if I can make it this time 'round. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I will be there as usual, and I will attempt to drag some of the PD crowd with me :P. I'll also have news posts both today and the day before the revival :).
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Oh... that's like a couple of days after lectures end.

I'll see what I can do... however much that is. :]
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

My problem is that I have a habit of going to the nearby (if you call 45 miles nearby) arcade on Saturdays to hang out with friends (usually) around the time of the D2 Revivals.

Though I think I may need to cut down on that, as it seems to be a money drain (gee I wonder why :P).
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Phaser »

Maybe ya'll can make it. all of you
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Phaser,

You might want to notify the Russian Descent Outpost of these events (if you aren't doing so already). They were posting Revival notices on their site until 15 April 2004, but they haven't posted any since. Even in the Russian language section, there is no mention of the Revivals since that date.

There is a mail/contact link on their page:

http://rdo.unirep.ru/indexe.shtml
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That's right; the Russian Descent Outpost. I wonder how Midiv has been doing? I always enjoy listening to his contribution to the Descent Community Album, "Descent-Mania." :D
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Well, according to his Russian language posts on the site, he spent the latter half of July and the beginning of August on vacation in Sevastopol. Since then, the Russians apparently had a LAN party on 25 September.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Phaser,

Anima Prava has a news section on his(?) Italian language site. You might ask if he would be willing to post notices about Revivals as well. There is a mail link on the bottom left of the home page:

http://www.descent.it/

By the way, the site has a fairly comprensive chronology of Descent-related releases if anyone is doing research for a retrospective:

http://www.descent.it/sma_chron.htm
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It is interesting, but regarding the Infinite Abyss collection they screwed it up a bit.

I have that set, and it doesn't contain D1. It only contains the original D2, the Win95 version, the Vertigo expansion, and DMB2 version 2.3.

The Definitive Collection, on the other hand, does contain D1. I'd guess it's like a mix of D2 Infinite Abyss and D1 Anniversary Edition.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Sirus are you and Xena going to be attending. I haven't played you two in a long time.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Xena isn't around at the moment and won't be then either. She's coming down here in late November most likely, although she hasn't played Descent in quite a long time.

I will try to make it personally, although I need to get a proxy organised or I can't play in games.
Necrosis
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Necrosis »

The machine is running.. The time is near. I've constructed a p1 for the adventure.

http://www.spinaltron.com/atari.swf
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Necrosis wrote:The machine is running.. The time is near. I've constructed a p1 for the adventure.

That is one sexy beast 8)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Looking forward to it. I'll be there! And by golly, I'm bringing my Magnum with me!!! ;)
eyelets&hooks
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by eyelets&hooks »

Agh, I wish I could make it. I just recently started playing the Descents again (not three though) - they really are excellent games.
RUL-
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RUL- »

Necrosis wrote:The machine is running.. The time is near. I've constructed a p1 for the adventure.

You got skills ... NICE WORK
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Some people have way too much time on their hands but damn if that isn't beautiful. The neon kit on there would have rocked if the PS would have allowed it. Really cool stuff.