CapsLock In D2x

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Rethink
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

CapsLock In D2x

Post by Rethink »

My capslock button in d2x acts as if I pressed it, and never let it go.. If I double click it, then the motion will stop..
In 98se I could remap the key to act like it was shift, and shift to act like capslock. but in XP, not even mapping the actual keys makes a difference.
I even entered registry changes, to bind the keyboard..
It worked, but d2x still acted like I was pressing capslock.
Its horrible, I tried to play with a different button, but ive been using this key since i was a little kid.. Im natural with it, and It's really effecting my game.
whoever made d2x needs to fix the capslock problem.. I know many people in the d2 community, that totally agree with me.
It has to be something simple that you programmers that made d2x can do. HELP PLEASE... remember remapping keys on the keyboard is useless.. It has to be done internaly (INSIDE d2x)

WindowsXP
AMD Athlon 1.2ghz
GeforceFx5700
384mbRam
SBLive
d2x 0.2.6
:?:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

cvs or non cvs?
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a Windows XP issue... caps lock normally does act like a toggle, and the activity you're reporting here is precisely the same.

Perhaps WinXP just enforces it, rather than anything else.

If that -is- the case, there's nothing anyone can do about it...

The other problem is there doesn't seem to have been any work on D2x for quite a while. Diedel occasionally makes changes and releases his own version though.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Sirius wrote:Perhaps WinXP just enforces it, rather than anything else.

If that -is- the case, there's nothing anyone can do about it...
Nope. Works fine w/ D3 eg. ..
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Diedel's D2win32 has some graphical bugs in it though. As far as this matter...would it make any difference to set Win98/ME compatibility settings in properties?

Wonder if that might allow descent more freedom on binding keys. Ultimately it all runs through WinXP though so...who knows.
RedBaron
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by RedBaron »

It does that in D2x 0.2.5 on Linux compiled from the sources - a bug in the D2x keyboard handler maybe?