D2X-W32 Problems

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Diedel wrote:I'm not exactly sure that *you* know what sarcasm is. :P I found your remark a little bit on the rude side. ;)
Look up the reference for the "ID10T" error, and then you'll get the joke. :) (Note: I wasn't actually calling him an idiot.)

Dark Falcon:

Try this build. This is the one I use and its rock solid stable. If it crashes on your end, then its either a driver or software conflict issue. Be sure to read the readme file and make sure you have the up-to-date "SDL.dll" and "SDL_image.dll" files.

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/

If those give your problems then I'll e-mail you the versions *I* have that I know work with D2x without a hitch.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Hmm... there is one other thing I thought of...

Which is that D2x COULD be setting the screen to an in-game resolution your video drivers don't support...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

MD-2389 wrote:
Diedel wrote:I'm not exactly sure that *you* know what sarcasm is. :P I found your remark a little bit on the rude side. ;)
Look up the reference for the "ID10T" error, and then you'll get the joke. :) (Note: I wasn't actually calling him an idiot.)
It wasn't sarcastic, whatever way you put it. ;)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Diedel wrote:It wasn't sarcastic, whatever way you put it. ;)
So, you're into mind-reading now? I wonder if you can get Ms Cleo's old job.... :lol: ;) Seriously dude, yes it was sarcastic. The smiley sitting next to the comment is a rather blatant clue. If you don't find it that way, then its not my fault.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Maybe 'sarcasm' means something different in America than in Europe then. :P

For me, sarcasm is somewhat more refined and more ironic. I found your remark simply rude, smiley or not.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I think we've heard enough of this... it's not the topic...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Dark_Falcon,

what statements are in your d2x.ini file?

Have you already tried to do a clean reinstall of Descent 2 and then copy D2X-W32.exe, SDL.DLL and d2x.ini your Descent 2 folder?

Edit: Dark_falcon just PM'd me that a clean reinstall solved his problem with d2x. :)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Just a heads-up. D2x-W32 "forgets" it's brightness setting. How it happens is you go into a level, press F2, go into the control settings, then return to the level after pressing excape.