D2X-W32: Bugs in networking code fixed

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I have managed to fix two bugs in D2X-W32's networking code, rendering it incompatible with oder D2 versions' net games.

It could well be that these fixes have also resolved the KALI incompatibility of D2X-W32.

New version available on my Descent site.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Good news. Initial tests showed that it DOES work with Kali now :)

RUL setup a game with D2_3DFX and D2x-w32 successfully saw the game on Kali and was able to join said game :)

So, in theory D2x-w32 should be able to see other games hosted by D2x-w32 applications from this point on.

Now you can focus on some other things. Did you read a few of my other suggestions posted in the previous thread Diedel, the redbook volume issue and the HUD issue? I already know you're tinkering with the dual-joystick suggestion and the Friendly Fire suggestions by Ferno and Sirius.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Diedel, you are the absolute man. :D I don't think I could keep up with your updates on the PD news. :P I did say in my last post about your latest version that people should keep checking here for updates, so hopefully that should cover it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Tyr,

I will open a new thread for D2X-W32 suggestions and ask all who have had suggestions to repost them there. Otherwise I will lose track esp. of "minor" issues. :)

Top Gun,

ty. :)
pipsqueak10
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak10 »

Outstanding work Diedel. I certainly appreciate your efforts.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

YES!

Well done Diedel!! Keep up the good work! Someone has too, may as well be you! You rock! hehe :lol: