DLE-XP 1.0.0.78: Texture alignment improvements, bug fixes

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

DLE-XP 1.0.0.78: Texture alignment improvements, bug fixes

Post by Diedel »

Moved here.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Texture flipping appears to work perfectly. Thanks. :)

Brightness is better but for some reason a fullbright cube - 100% light every vertex - still only gives a brightness of 4.17% offhand. I couldn't put my finger on what's happening, though. It shouldn't be a terribly complex calculation - hard to say what's going wrong, but it does appear to be 1/24 the brightness I'd expect, if that gives any clues.

Texture alignment changes don't seem to have worked, since unfortunately align children now crashes DLE-XP under all circumstances I've tested so far.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Each side of a cube has 4 light values, makes a total of 24 for a cube. DLE-XP adds up all light values, divides them by the number of lit vertices and scales them with the cube light value. "Open" sides (i.e. with another cube connected) are ignored, and DLE-XP will decrease the number of lit vertices appropriately. Now why this doesn't work I have no clue.

I need to build a single cube level and check it there.

Edit: I had screwed up the open side check after your first bug report. Actually the first version was correct.

Edit 2: A single cube with all vertex lights at 100% and 50% cube brightness has an internal cube brightness value of 16384, which amounts to 50% (65536 == 200% is the max.).

Where do you see cube light values?

Edit 3: Ok, I think I've got the error now.