Suggestion -

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Suggestion -

Post by Kyouryuu »

Suggestion -

Could we possibly ratchet down the release rates of D2X and DLE-XP a bit? I mean, having new content is great, but this forum is getting very hard to read and it's difficult to keep track of new versions.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Well, yes, but it does get bugs fixed fast...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

People will always find something to complain about :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

This problem could be solved by having a single stickied "D2X Updates" thread for all of the new releases; if it became too cluttered, then a new thread could be created. I was going to say something a few weeks ago, when I noticed the D2 Revival thread becoming buried under 20 new threads a week after it was created. :P As truly fantastic as Diedel's hard work on D2X is, perhaps the new thread creation could be toned down just a tad.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

We could have a single D2X and DLE-XP update notification thread each, and if a mod would be so kind to join all the D2X and DLE-XP threads to create these single threads, the whole mess here would be gone.

In the descentforum.de, I am maintaining two such threads in the news section there.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Sorry dude.. one thing please... :P

Could you change the text color to something a bit more grabbing in the opening post. With all the HUGE font .. heheh.... in the other ones and that one alike, i skipped over actually READING it where you ask not to post in that thread. ...which i DID NOT. Great idea!
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Been there, done that. ;)

As I have copied a lot of update info into the new threads, maybe Vlider will delete the now obsolete older threads ... I have already deleted all the threads I could (i.e. that had no replies following my initial post).
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

We can't merge threads without the merge thread mod being installed. Since Jim (Xciter) is dead set against installing ANY mods, lets just say that won't happen anytime soon. ;)

However, what you can do is start a dedicated D2x thread, link to the threads you've already posted for reference, and then continue posting updates in your announcement thread. Then all Vlider has to do is sticky the thread so it'll stay at the top. (Though with as much as you've been posting in here, theres no danger of it falling off of page 1. :D)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I have done that already. Actually some forum mod could delete all D2X and DLE-XP threads containing a link to the new update notification threads I have created to clean up this forum a little (i.e. all D2X/DLE-XP threads containing some version number in their title).
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Where is Vlider anyway?