New D2 Level: Seatropy!

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New D2 Level: Seatropy!

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

An Entropy level with 2 bases that has 2 energy centers, 2 repair centers, and 2 virus labs each
http://www.freewebs.com/darkfalcon757/seatrpy.zip (note: right click and save as)

here are the screenshots:
This is the fuel center

The Repair Center

The Virus Lab A

Virus Lab B

The "Sniping range"

The Blue Base

And finally, the Red Base
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Cool! :D

Edit: Here's some feedback.
  1. There shouldn't be any smart mines or prox bombs in Entropy levels as these will be bashed to shields (prox bomb counter is virus counter, and smart mine counter is virus capacity counter in Entropy). Funny enough bashing smart mines to shields didn't work and due to your adding a smart mine to your level I noticed that bug. :D
  2. The level has too few routes between the bases. I believe it is very easy to guard your base and very hard to capture a room in this level. Actually I suppose it's impossible to win in this level as each team has it very easy to reclaim their rooms. Entropy works quite differently from CTF; In the latter all you need to do is to get away with the flag to score, while in the former you need to conquer all three rooms to win a match, so having a single choke point will make it almost impossible to ever conquer all enemy rooms.
  3. One of the blue spawn locations had owner 'blue team' and segment type 'normal' instead of owner 'neutral' and segment type 'blue team'. Because of this I found another bug in the spawn location selection code though ... :roll:
  4. The level is overly bright imho in the base areas.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Thanks.
I reuploaded it because I frogot to add afterburner powerups. ^_^'

EDIT: I slightly fixed the lighting bug and reuploaded it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Falcon,

you can use different brightness settings for distinct parts of a level by marking the segments you want to have lights calculated for, set the desired lighting parameters and start the light calculation. In the case of seatropy that means that you could first mark the bases (mark both) and light them, then unmark the bases, mark the center area and light it.

Imo you should still work on the level layout and provide some alternative routes between the bases.