How old is everyone and how long have you played Descent

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.

When did you start?

Descent 1
83%
Descent 2
11%
Descent 3
6%

Total votes: 209
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Bapabooie, I was lucky that my older brother let me play. When I was amost 10, Descent was becoming the game to play on rainy, cold days and at night in the neighborhood. At about 10, my brother literally made me play the game just so his friend's little sister can have a girl to play with. I got into it right away. at about 11, he got me playing on-line. I've been a Descenter since then.
I regret not thinking to thank my brother on my wedding day. If it weren't for him, I would've never met my husband through Descent about 5 years later. 8)
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I suppose I should post my story here, since it looks like you have just about everyone else in the Descent World. I could think of a few names I haven't seen around, famous folks like Spaz, old Friends like OPiaTE and Dickweed, Fellow level makers like Devilwing. And so on.

I have orbited the star Sol just over 36 times now. I was first exposed to Descent by one of my cousins in Southern California when I went to visit my aunt and uncle down there. It made nauseous. I didn't care for Descent in 1995. A year or so later another cousin gave me some disks with Descent on it and told me about an online community named Kali. I installed and ran Descent from those disks and even had it running for a short time on a zip drive. Those were the days. Running on a Pentium 90 from zip drive took almost 5 minutes to load up a level.

I made many levels, most of them are actually available for download on Koolbear's Site, with an interview and greater details about me and the level creation legacy I left behind.

I have come to accept a few facts of life:
  • I will never be able to make a level to satisfy Jedilukes desire for a level despite repeated attempts.
  • Most of my levels will never be played again.
  • I will probably die a virgin.
  • People will always hate me
At least I'm not as suicidal as I was a few weeks ago.
MadJoca
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

relax man

Post by MadJoca »

[quote="Lobber"]I suppose I should post my story here, since it looks like you have just about everyone else in the Descent World. I could think of a few names I haven't seen around, famous folks like Spaz, old Friends like OPiaTE and Dickweed, Fellow level makers like Devilwing. And so on.

I have orbited the star Sol just over 36 times now. I was first exposed to Descent by one of my cousins in Southern California when I went to visit my aunt and uncle down there. It made nauseous. I didn't care for Descent in 1995. A year or so later another cousin gave me some disks with Descent on it and told me about an online community named Kali. I installed and ran Descent from those disks and even had it running for a short time on a zip drive. Those were the days. Running on a Pentium 90 from zip drive took almost 5 minutes to load up a level.

I made many levels, most of them are actually available for download on [url=http://www.koolbear.com/Descent/intervi ... bber.shtml]Koolbear's Site[/url], with an interview and greater details about me and the level creation legacy I left behind.

[list][*] I will never be able to make a level to satisfy Jedilukes desire for a level despite repeated attempts.
[*] Most of my levels will never be played again.
[*] I will probably die a [url=http://www.love-shy.com/]virgin[/url].
[*] People will always hate me[/list]
At least I'm not as suicidal as I was a few weeks ago.[/quote]

lol lobber, your levels will be in internet forever, relax man, and don kill yourself !!!
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Sedwick »

Lobber wrote:I suppose I should post my story here, since it looks like you have just about everyone else in the Descent World. I could think of a few names I haven't seen around, famous folks like Spaz, old Friends like OPiaTE and Dickweed, Fellow level makers like Devilwing. And so on.

I made many levels, most of them are actually available for download on Koolbear's Site, with an interview and greater details about me and the level creation legacy I left behind.

• I will never be able to make a level to satisfy Jedilukes desire for a level despite repeated attempts.
  • Most of my levels will never be played again.
  • I will probably die a virgin.
  • People will always hate me
At least I'm not as suicidal as I was a few weeks ago.
Testing.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Someone had BBCode disabled. For some reason.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Hi, I'm 21 and have been playing Descent since I was 9 years old or so. It first started when my dad downloaded the Descent 2 demo for me, and later I bought Descent 1 and Descent 2, of course I got Descent 3 when it came out, I had the Infinite Abyss version of D2 too, these games basically defined my childhood and I had such good memories playing them, I'm glad to see that the community is still alive.
Wurby
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Wurby »

I started at 4 years old. i am now 15
D1

Greatest game ever ;)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Hi, Wurby!
MD-1224
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by MD-1224 »

I started playing Descent 2 Demo in the Spring of 1996 (or in the fall of 1995; the former is more likely). I got the full version in the Christmas of that year. I was about 13 at the time that I started playing. Then I went on to add D1 to my repertoire, followed by D3. I'm 26 now and I'm one of the few of the last remaining ronin that is left playing D1 and D2 on Kali (I hardly play D3).
Bonzer
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Bonzer »

19, been playing since the 7 level D1 demo. I've only really started playing online recently, though.
D3Alien
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Alien »

25 now, started when I was 10 or 11 with the D1 shareware demo which a friend let me borrow, and it hooked me instantly.
raekwonchef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by raekwonchef »

I am 27 going on 28. I started with Descent in 1995 and have played on and off for years. I just got a legacy box set back up and am running D1 right now (trouble on level 8... lol)! I still love the game. I played through D3 and still catch a game off Vortex every now and again!
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I started playing Descent 1 registered that my brother owned when I was less than 10 years old; I got Descent II for Christmas when I was 10 or 11 years old, and I bought Descent 3 when I was 15.

I am 19 years old now.

I didn't play multiplayer back in the old Descent days, but I played Descent 3 online when I discovered the community still exists.

----------------
Now playing: Resignation - Autopilot
via FoxyTunes
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

Myself? I turned 18 just recently. Been playing Descent for 10 years at least. Still love this game to death.