Patch

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Patch

Post by Rocketman54 »

Inorder to resolve my problem with Humoculous, I was advized to trey patches 1.2,1.3,1.4. On all three I got an error stating \"open file does not exist\". Anyone have a solution?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Restart from an earlier saved game as your saved game file is corrupt.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Did that error happen while you were trying to install the patch, or afterwards?
Rocketman54
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Rocketman54 »

DCrazy wrote:Did that error happen while you were trying to install the patch, or afterwards?
During
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Ok, somewhere along the line you've messed up. Uninstall D3, delete the Descent3 directory entirely and start all over. Re-install D3. DO NOT PATCH INCREMENTALLY. There is no point to doing that. Once you've installed D3, install the add-on pack Mercenary if you have it. If not, skip that step. Then install the US 1.4 patch. That will update D3 v1.0 to D3 v1.4 in one single step. You're done.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If the US version of the 1.4 patch gives you an error message even after doing what MD suggested, try using the Australian version instead. Some copies of D3 sold in the US were actually the Australian version; there's no difference except for the patch required.