D2X Launcher -- Need Help!!

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

D3Phoenix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2X Launcher -- Need Help!!

Post by D3Phoenix »

Unfortunately, college is starting for me and I've barely had time to even think about descent lately. I haven't even been remotely in the mood for programming, either. If possible, I'd like to pass what I DO have done on the D2X launcher off to somebody else to finish. It works for the most part, including the generation of the command line, but for some reason I've had so much trouble just getting D2X to recognize a single command, It's as if the launcher weren't even there. If anyone is interested in obtaining the VB6 source code, PM me and it's all yours. Better yet, if somebody wants to host the ZIP, that would be great too. Then anybody who wants to could use my framework and try to get something working.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I won't be around much until Core Decision comes out; that's why I want to get the source out there.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Would I be of any help if I were to learn VB6 and take a crack at it?
D3Phoenix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Phoenix »

Well, first you need to have VB6. I think you can get it fairly cheaply on ebay, after all, .net has been out quite a while.

If you want to learn VB6, that's fine, but trust me, I've been doing things in VB for a long time and have been having trouble with this. I doubt this is a task for a newbie to VB (unless you have prior experience in another language). I'd be happy to send you the source code anyway, though.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Okay, I\"ll se if I can't get a legal copy of VB6. The source will probably just sit on my HDD for a while is all.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

What's the launcher supposed to do?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Sirius wrote:What's the launcher supposed to do?
POST 1
POST 2
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Oh, right.

Should be able to make do if it gets held up.