D2X-XL tracker by Koolbear

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

D2X-XL tracker by Koolbear

Post by Diedel »

A few months ago Koolbear had installed a tracker for D2X-XL, but I could never make D2X-XL detect it. Well, when debugging the OS X version last weekend together with simX, we caught some tracker data packets that had come from KB's server, judged by the first three octets of the IP address, and it turned out I had gotten the fourth octet wrong. So now KB's tracker is properly detected and available.

WOOT! :D
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: D2X-XL tracker by Koolbear

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Diedel wrote:A few months ago Koolbear had installed a tracker for D2X-XL, but I could never make D2X-XL detect it. Well, when debugging the OS X version last weekend together with simX, we caught some tracker data packets that had come from KB's server, judged by the first three octets of the IP address, and it turned out I had gotten the fourth octet wrong. So now KB's tracker is properly detected and available.

WOOT! :D
So, does that mean netplay works for Macs, or just the tracker?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Tracker detection works already, but game communication fails somewhere in the low level stuff, and we haven't yet figured why. Cannot be too hard to find out, though, just a matter of time. Timezones are a problem here.