website data transfer fees!

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

website data transfer fees!

Post by Diedel »

Holy crap! I just found out that I have paid 282€ during the last 8 months for data transfers as my D2 site's transfer limit constantly got exceeded, and I didn't notice (my fault). If I had bought regular web space from my ISP (the current space is included in my DSL account), I'd have paid 160€/year for 2.5 times the webspace and 6 times the transfer limit!

I could even have moved the most frequently accessed stuff to another web account I have which also has a higher monthly transfer limit.

DANGIT! :evil: :cry:
=Tempest=
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by =Tempest= »

Well, I HAVE been telling people to try your mod/game/enhancement...sorry about all the money you had to pay, that sucks...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Never mind, it's my fault. I didn't check the bills for 8 months (just trusted everything was alright). Can you say 'stoopid'? Thank you. :x
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Diedel,

You your sub-domain off koolbear.com ;) DOH! ANd I'll gladly provide you space and bandwidth on 6dofbb.net/.com
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

KB,

I am already using almost 200 MB on your web site, and I appreciate your generous offer very much. :)
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kirby »

why don't you send all D2X-XL download requests to sourceforge? Save your bandwidth for levels and textures.... :)

kind of like free hosting w/ mirrors :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I know, but I just wasn't aware that I had so many downloads. Anyway, the issue is resolved. I have enough bandwidth now, and d2x-xl is on SF.net. :)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I take it that there is a linky on descent2.de?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

indeed.