Updating .59 to the latest (.76) broke it.

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Updating .59 to the latest (.76) broke it.

Post by JRock »

Since I just reg'd over at the D2X-XL forums a couple hours ago and have yet to receive the confirmation email that will let me actually use my account, I figured this is the next best place to post this. :P

I extracted the files and tried to run the same .exe as always but it errors with: \"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.\"

Any ideas? I updated hoping to get in on some D2 multiplayer action since I wasn't having any luck finding servers and figured I needed the newest version. Now I can't play D2X-XL at all. :(
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

check the stickies dude. :)
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

Which are you referring to? I tried to troubleshoot this issue for a couple hours, reading threads here and over on their forums, and eventually gave up.

edit: oh how about that, now there's a bug report on SourceForge for it! Interesting, it wasn't there earlier. Added to it. =)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Updating .59 to the latest (.76) broke it.

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

JRock wrote:Since I just reg'd over at the D2X-XL forums a couple hours ago and have yet to receive the confirmation email that will let me actually use my account.....
Just a heads up. Your account has been activated.

If you haven't received an e-mail yet. Try logging in anyways.
It should work. :)
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

Aye, I'm in now. Thanks! =)
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

Just FYI: Bug fixed in 1.12.80. Now I'm just trying to figure out some new CTD (crash to desktop) where the sound loops and a WinXP error pop-up is generated. :(
.59 was more stable but there's gotta be something I'm doing to cause this instability, most likely tied to some advanced configuration option i've selected.