Windowed mode

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Windowed mode

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

It always opens fullscreen which is havoc when I want to use OBS to stream it. So how can I get D2X-XL windowed?
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Windowed mode

Post by LightWolf »

If you put '-fullscreen 0' into config/d2x.ini, this will do the trick.

Random fact: This is actually how I got XL working on my laptop. OpenGL freaks out trying to start fullscreen with some weird 320x200 video mode error or something strange like that, but I can switch to fullscreen after just fine.

What are you going to stream? ;)
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Plutonian Shores, if I can

eDIT: Yeah....that didn't work for crap.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Are you sure you need to launch in fullscreen? 'cause I'm pretty sure you can switch ingame.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Doesn't matter anyway. OBS won't even update the Descent window as it is being captured. So whatever it loads up on stays on the OBS screen during recording. So I'm playing through a window, but OBS still has me on the main menu title screen.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

You can try googling "obs frozen first frame" and seeing if any of the solutions in the various forum posts do anything. Other than that all I can say is that OBS has worked consistently in Rebirth for me.
#AllLivesMatter
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Might be using the wrong capture mode... that problem does sound kind of familiar. Also, if D2X-XL is by any chance running as administrator, that might cause some issues for OBS as well.