D2X-W32 Guide bot problems

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Udderdude
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D2X-W32 Guide bot problems

Post by Udderdude »

I've just got D2X-W32. It works great with Descent, but in Descent 2 something really strange happens. The guide bot acts totally stupid, refusing to follow any commands, and running into walls/ceilings all over the place. When I first let him out of his cage in map 1, he says 'CAN'T REACH RED KEY'.

It's especially baffling, since I reinstalled Descent 2 from the original CD, applied the 1.2 patch, put the D2X-W32 files in the folder, ran it, and it still messed up. Anyone got any ideas??
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Just so you know. The main man (Diedel) of this project has made a D2X-W32 Bug Report And Suggestions Thread for these probs that come up. Next time.... please post your D2x-W32 related bugs or suggestions in that thread.
Thank you. :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

This bug has been fixed. Before reporting bugs here, please go to my Descent site's D2X page and click on the version number displayed there to see the version history and check whether that bug has already been fixed and you need to download a new version of D2X-W32.