Vertigo series

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

courtjester
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Vertigo series

Post by courtjester »

I am tried to load the Vertigo missions in d2x-xl `.5.78(Linux) but it crashes when I when it tries to load the first level. I did a -debug-printlog and the last it tries to do is load brief03.pcx. The following is the last few lines in the log:

cfile_get_filehandle(): error opening /usr/local/share/d2x-xl/brief03.pcx
cfile_find_hogfile(): '/usr/local/share/d2x-xl/missions/d2x.hog:brief03.pcx' not found
cfile_find_hogfile(): '/usr/local/share/d2x-xl/missions/d2x.hog:brief03.pcx' not found
cfile_find_hogfile(): '/usr/local/share/d2x-xl/descent2.hog:brief03.pcx' not found
cfile_find_hogfile(): '/usr/local/share/d2x-xl/descent.hog:brief03.pcx' not found
cfile_find_libfile(): 'brief03.pcx' not found
cfopen(): error opening brief03.pcx

Any ideas how to diagnose the problem?
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

heheh

it's mad cause usr/local/share/d2x-xl/missions/*:brief03.pcx isn't there.... are you sure the you don't have corrupt mission files? and that they are all in usr/local/share/d2x-xl/missions/ ?
courtjester
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by courtjester »

Yes, I am sure I sure I do not have corrupted mission files. They load fine in d2x 0.2.5 (from http://icculus.org). Also the counterstrike missions work fine. The missions also load when I start a multiplayer game with the vertigo missions. It is only when I try single player that it crashes. As far as I can tell there is no brief03.pcx in the vertigo missions.
courtjester
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by courtjester »

Some more information...d2x-xl from December 7 will play vertigo missions but not counterstrike. However d2x-xl-1.5.71 and above will play counterstrike but not vertigo. These are using the same data files in /usr/local/share/d2x-xl
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I will look into this next week.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

how do u even get it to show up or load the vert missions
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

You need to have d2x.hog and d2x.mn2 in your missions folder.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

ty sir its running :D