D2X-XL Bug Reports - Windows (Replacement Thread)

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

D2X-XL Bug Reports - Windows (Replacement Thread)

Post by Diedel »

D2X-XL Bug Reports - MS Windows

This thread is intended for D2X-XL bug reports for MS Windows - no suggestions, no questions, no bug reports for other OS's here please.

To put them all neatly together and help me not to forget them, I kindly request everybody to post bug reports for D2X-XL/Win32 in this thread.

Please keep this thread clean. In case some issue needs detailled discussion, I will open an extra thread for it.

Diedel (a.k.a. karx11erx)

PS:

Please read the D2X-XL FAQ and the D2X-XL Version History to see whether your problem has already been solved.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Well, the original Windows bug report thread went awol after I had deleted a double post from it (I am sure I haven't accidentally chosen to delete the entire thread, or the first post), so here's a replacement thread.
Geist
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Geist »

I've just entered the second D1 secret level from Lv21 and got to keep all three keys again for the start of the mission, like the other secret level, too.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I'll check, but I am at the D1 exit crash currently - finally know what causes it.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

In 1.5.130, if i use a custom BG picture for the main menu, it disappears everytime i select an option from the main menu and appears the original Descent 2 BG pic. Then, the custom one reappears when i exit a sub-menu of the main menu.

On Descent 1: First Strike, there is no briefing anymore, but the descent 2 movies instead.
Also, some D1 textures seems to use the colors of the GROUPA.256 palette and it should use the DEFAULT.256 instead (like the gray rock in level 1, looks more yellowish than the original palette)

Now the Phoenix and those weapons casts colored light :) (a little weak even without the mix ambient light option), but (still) the Spreadfire and Helix doesn't cast it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

If the spread/helix don't cast colored light, then their average color is too close to white.

Cannot reproduce the custom menu bg bug.

All D1 textures are recolored using the groupa palette. That has to be as D2X-XL still uses a lot D2 textures in D1 missions (cockpits, robots, shots, etc.)
Snake785
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Snake785 »

1.5.131:

I just upgraded to 1.5.131 and D2X-XL just will not start. Well it does but then it closes about half a second after I launch it (it'll play the first few notes of the main D2 theme). I checked the stderr.txt file and all it says is Segmentation Fault. This happens on both my desktop pc (p4 nvidia gfx) and notebook (pentium-m, ati gfx). I wish I could give more details on what happens...this is all I know about it. Any ideas?
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

In version 1.5.131, the alternate menu doesn't work anymore. I checked in d2x.ini the \"-altbg_name menubg.tga\" line and it's there, and i have the menubg.tga from aus-red5 in the main Descent 2 dir, but there is no custom BG picture in Descent 2.

Also, recording and playing demos doesn't work anymore.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Currently fixing.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Well, the original thread is back (thx KB :D), so I'll close this one.