Need D2:Destination Quartzon data

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Need D2:Destination Quartzon data

Post by Diedel »

I have fixed D2 demo compatibility of D2X-XL and would now like to make it work with Dest. Quartzon, too. Can someone give me that data, either as d/l link or to karx11erx at hotmail dot com?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Need D2:Destination Quartzon data

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Diedel wrote:I have fixed D2 demo compatibility of D2X-XL and would now like to make it work with Dest. Quartzon, too. Can someone give me that data, either as d/l link or to karx11erx at hotmail dot com?
Bugga!!! :o
I almost got that version of D2 on ebay 2 weeks ago, but thought I didn't REALLY need it. :roll:
Doh! Could have helped ya there Diedel. Sorry. :cry:
Though you could get it from Ebay - Wien Austria. ;)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Thx. I think I will get the CDs. I don't think anyone besides me will purchase them.
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kirby »

oh wait a sec....I HAVE THIS CD!!!! :O Got it as a birthday present a few years ago...couldn't play it because I was too stupid back then to know that I needed a 3dFX card :P

Sure...I'll give you the data....any specific parts, or do you just want an image of the whole disc?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Kirby,

the entire disk if possible. If there are movie files and they are too large, w/o the movies. :)
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Kirby »

Diedel wrote:Kirby,

the entire disk if possible. If there are movie files and they are too large, w/o the movies. :)
K....but we're gonna have to get creative to send it JUST TO YOU....

if you use bittorent, I could set up a private tracker and send you the torrent file. If not, then I could split it up and upload it to rapidshare. Or eMule if you perfer ;)

it's gonna be a few hours though...I'm still at uni doing some stuff :/
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

How about uploading it somewhere and e-mailing the link to karx11erx at hotmail dot com?

-> PM
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I got D2 DQ as well. Let me know if you need it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Grendel,

yes I do, the sooner the better. :)
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Kirby »

Diedel wrote:How about uploading it somewhere and e-mailing the link to karx11erx at hotmail dot com?

-> PM
it's not that simple....I have to find a web hosting server to host 100 to 200MB. I have FTP connections with my primary forum NGemu, but I don't wanna waste their bandwidth for my use :/

That's why I am suggesting bittorent....I have a 40kb/s upload limit, so it should transfer fast for you :)

I am heading home now....please sign on to your AIM in an hour or 2 (I also have mobile AIM, so you can text me even when I'm not on a computer :) )

AIM = kurbstar
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I don't use AIM, and I probably don't need the entire data - you can leave the movie files away (they make up most of the full D2 data). W/O movies, full D1+D2 data is only about 33 MB, so I expect D2:DQ to be significantly less. You could zip that stuff up and e-mail it to karx11erx at hotmail dot com (and if that doesn't work, I'll PM you another e-mail address that should work with such a big attachment).
zefrench
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by zefrench »

Here is an md5 ouput match between Descent II Destination Quartzon and Descent II The Definitive Collection. As you can tell, some of the movies MD5 do not match.

I am trying to setup an FTP server. Hopefully some time tonight you will have an email/pm with the IP

Code: Select all

CYBERMAN.JOY ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\CYBERMAN.JOY does not exists.
D2DQW95.EXE ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\D2DQW95.EXE does not exists.
D2ICONS.DLL ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\D2ICONS.DLL does not exists.
DESCENT2.DEM ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.DEM does not exists.
DESCENT2.HAM ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.HAM does not exists.
DESCENT2.HOG ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.HOG does not exists.
DESCENT2.S11 ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.S11 does not exists.
DESCENT2.S22 ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.S22 does not exists.
DESCENT2.SOW ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DESCENT2.Z ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENT2.Z does not exists.
DESCENTG.INI ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\DESCENTG.INI does not exists.
EREGREG2.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
GROUPA.PIG ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\GROUPA.PIG does not exists.
IFORCE.DLL ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\IFORCE.DLL does not exists.
INTRO-H.MVL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MODEM.LST ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\MODEM.LST does not exists.
OTHER-H.MVL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
OTHER-L.MVL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
README.TXT ERROR: Checksum did not match.
READMEW.DOC ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\READMEW.DOC does not exists.
ROBOTS-H.MVL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
ROBOTS-L.MVL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
WATER.PIG ERROR:D:\\DESCENT2_TDCOLLECTION\\D2DATA\\WATER.PIG does not exists.
REGCARD.EXE OK
INTRO-L.MVL OK
BEN-H.MVE OK
EREGLIB.DLL OK
Zefrench
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

What the hell is DESCENT 2: DESTINATION QUARTZON?
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Kirby »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:What the hell is DESCENT 2: DESTINATION QUARTZON?
it's basically a 3DFX enhanced version of Descent 2
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

No, it's an OEM version of D2 only containing the first 8 levels and a different ending, pointing to the full campaign. It came e.g. bundled with some joystick and some gfx cards.

Btw, I am having the data already.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

If anyone else wants it for novelty's or development's sake (there is no new content), PM me for a link.
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

Heh..I have a copy in storage, as well as the original D1 demo which only contained 3 levels, not 7.

Wish I still had my original Infinite abyss and Vertigo CDs though..they got damaged and I got the definitive edition to replace them. Oh well.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Valin Halcyon wrote:Wish I still had my original Infinite abyss and Vertigo CDs though..
On Ebay, I seen an unopen boxed deal of that go for $29 USD about 3 months ago.
Glad I still have mine plus the Definitive Collection with box and all. ;)
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

Yeah, but my inf abyss and vert CDs were the ones I got for sending in my original-original D2 CD and $20 to Interplay. ;)