Make a news item on IMG?

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Peter
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Make a news item on IMG?

Post by Peter »

I know you are a little strapped for cash Diedel for buying a Mac. And I am extremely sorry as I have not donated as I myself am strapped for cash. :cry:
But I was thinking, maybe email Inside Mac Games to see if they could make a news item about D2X-XL and how you need money to buy a Mac and put a call out for people to donate. Not everyone has to be strapped for cash.
http://www.insidemacgames.com/
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I don't think I am gonna e-mail IMG about this. I feel somewhat stupid to say \"please make a news message about this project to get me money\". ;)

I think I don't will get much more money from the D2 community for this project anyway. Given the several thousand downloads the OS X versions had, this is pretty sad. Either the D2 OS X fans don't care about networking and multiplayer, or they fail to see that probably the only to get it to run is to get me a Mac.
Peter
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Peter »

Diedel wrote:I don't think I am gonna e-mail IMG about this. I feel somewhat stupid to say "please make a news message about this project to get me money". ;)
Yeah, true. That would seem kind of stupid.

But again, I am sorry. I will donate as soon as I get some more money! You are tad bit less than half way to getting a Mac mini which is $599.00 USD.
halprin
Another one bites the dust!
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Well ... I wrote something to the IMG people. :roll:

The cheapest (new) Mac Mini in Germany costs 639 Euros (w/o keyboard, mouse or monitor), and it has some integrated Intel gfx I of which I don't know whether it has acceptable OpenGL support and can run D2X-XL.

And the smallest iMac (ATI X1600 gfx) costs 1349 Euros.
Peter
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Peter »

Hehe.

Glenda Adams, who works for Aspyr (Mac porting and publishing company), states the integrated chip's basic functionality here.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Thanks for the link. Gfx chip sucks - I thought so. :P

I just checked my Paypal account. I currently have received 274 Euros (250 USD + 72 EUR).

One Euro costs around 1,20 USD, which sucks. This makes a Mac in Germany cost the equivalent of 750 USD. Grrrr.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Well that is a start Diedel, I apprecaite your efforts and have sent my donation.

Thank for your efforts and taking the time to deal with all of us!

YiD,

KB
Peter
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Peter »

Here are some more links about the integrated graphics chip and the Mac mini in general for you Diedel.
http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/gameroo ... /index.php
and
http://www.macworld.com/2006/03/firstlo ... /index.php