Trouble getting online...

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Trouble getting online...

Post by RoBoT »

When I try to join a UPD/IP game in D2X-XL, it tells me my version doesn't match the version used for the tracker game. Well, I have a couple questions about that:

1) Just what version ARE those trackers running on?

2) What's the latest patch for D2? I have 1.2, but I'm not sure if there are higher versions...
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Post this in the D2X-XL Problems thread.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

It may NOT be a D2X-XL problem. I don't know if there's higher versions of D2 or if this is just some bug in the D2X coding. It could be either one, it could be both. That's why this thread is in the tech forum; D2X-XL may have nothing to do with the problem.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Yes, but thats where all the D2x-XL issues go since Diedel watches that thread like a hawk. You'll get your answer quicker that way.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

\"Et tu No0bi\"

forums have descriptions ( D2x-XL Read and write D2X-XL bug reports, suggestions and general discussion here), and we know you have been in the D2x-XL once because you are using the program... :lol:

When an Old Fart like MD instructs you to go to a certain forum for support...run with it dont argue....

A mod of this forum should have moved your thread before it even got this far...

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

\"Et tu No0bi\"

It's \"Etre vous No0bi?\"

Give the guy some respect. :P
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

My PD profile

I'm not a newbie.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Ok, lets just make it easy and move this thread to the D2X-XL forum.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I had checked the source for this problem, but I cannot tell you what makes this happen on your system. What is behind this is that D2 sends some protocol version byte along each multiplayer data packet, and your byte is the wrong one. But I have no clue why. I need to investigate further into this. Maybe I messed something up. Did you try a clean re-install of D2 already?

Usually this error message occurs when you have the shareware program and try to join a game hosted by the full version executable, or vice versa. But with D2X-XL you are having the full version exe.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Seriously though Robot, I'm not trying to push you around or anything, I'm just doing you a favor.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by RoBoT »

Diedel wrote:I had checked the source for this problem, but I cannot tell you what makes this happen on your system. What is behind this is that D2 sends some protocol version byte along each multiplayer data packet, and your byte is the wrong one. But I have no clue why. I need to investigate further into this. Maybe I messed something up. Did you try a clean re-install of D2 already?
I did reinstall D2, I ran the patch, and then placed D2X-XL in the directory.

Is there a site where I can download another D2 patch? I'm starting to wonder if this one I got off PD might've missed something...