lagging

Read and write DLE-XP bug reports, suggestions and general discussion here. Home Page

Moderator: Aus-RED-5

reetus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

lagging

Post by reetus »

I just finished a level for d1 and something is wrong but I don't think it's dle-xp that is the problem I think I may have overloaded the program or something, just guessing.
For some reason I am getting some serious lag. I have a decent pc, celeron with no special graphics card, I've played some pretty serious levels on this computer and never experienced this. For some reason the screen freezes for a couple seconds and then the game restarts missing the parts that ran during the freeze and jumping ahead to where I would be had the freeze not occurred. Hard to explain but I can speculate as to what the problem is....

I am about 20 cubes away from the max 800, could that be it? Too many cubes

I have some weird shaped cubes I changed the shape of using the editor to make the walls bumpy and not so square, could it be too many strange angles in there?

I am using the big boss in my last room which is very large and made up of LOTS of misshapen cubes and it seemed to have started after I made that room, could that be the culprit?

I don't know much about programming or dle-xp so as you can tell I am just guessing

any suggestions?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Try running the diagnosis function of DLE-XP over the level.
reetus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

diagnose

Post by reetus »

did that, it comes up clean, no wall errors, cube errors or anything except the usual ones, 1 of 8 players, no exit but ok if boss is used etc.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Then it's probably not that.

Cube count won't cause the problems either.

I do remember some similar weird problems where certain rooms in a level would have massive lag spikes, but I never figured out what caused them exactly.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

reetus,

please send me the level to karx11erx at hotmail dot com so I can take look at this.