DXX-Rebirth v0.57 released

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

DXX-Rebirth v0.57 released

Post by zico »

Hello folks!

Finally the wait is over: DXX-Rebirth v0.57 is now released. This time I can safely say it really was worth all the 9 months of development since it's probably the most feature-rich release we've pulled out so far.

Here is a small overview of the most important changes and additions:

* OpenGL ES Support by Florian Feucht and Oliver Haag
* Anisotropic texture filtering
* Improved transparency effects
* Colored Lighting effects
* A wide collection of Reticles is selectable including settings for Reticle size, color and transparency
* Expanded Sensitivity and Deadzone settings for Mouse and Joystick
* New optional control type for Mouse - FlightSim. Provides Mouse movement with an absolute center similar to Joystick-like control
* Improved weapon cycling/selection options (for Mouse mostly)
* Many improvements for the ingame menus such as scrolling via Mouse wheel, closing menus via right Mouse button, key repeats, Numlock support and more
* Support for keyboard layout-specific keys for game controls
* Find and join online games via Tracker server created and hosted by Matt "1360" Vandermeulen
* D1X-Rebirth now supports Descent 2 Multiplayer features such as fixed Play Time, Kill goal, Bright Palyers and Invulnerability when respawning
* Option to disable Friendly Fire in Multiplayer Team games
* Bounty game mode for Multiplayer by Matt "1360" Vandermeulen. Goal is it to kill the targeted player to score and become the new target
* Possibility to save and restore Cooperative games
* The game will automatically remember previously set Multiplayer rules
* M3U Playlist support for the Jukebox
* Random playback mode for the Jukebox
* Slightly improved wall collision handling
* Expanded possibilities for level authors: Support for custom descent2.ham inside missions (D2X-Rebirth). Support for Levels with up to 9000 segments (cubes). Support for Textures bigger than 64x64 pixels
* To prevent type-kills the game HUD will show "TYPING" below a player when a chat message is composed
* Free flight controls for the Automap
* Many Bugfixes and further improvements. Check CHANGELOG.txt for a full list of changes

I hope you'll have much fun with our newest release. Get it while it's hot! http://www.dxx-rebirth.com
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: DXX-Rebirth v0.57 released

Post by Krom »

Crap, now I'm really running out of excuses for not playing some single player... :P Thanks for all your work. :)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Dude got the date wrong, the gates of heaven opened on June 19, not May 21. :mrgreen:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Holy crap, that all sounds awesome. It's way past time for me to fire up the games again. :D
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

:o Woow! Super great. Those are very good news, Zico. :D
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
karx11erx
DX-XL Master
DX-XL Master

Post by karx11erx »

Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

This is great news! However, is the dev info page serious? "Not much to say?"

I'd love to know how to query the info for display on my website. A lot more detail on how Matt's tracker can be queried would help. Please point me to the specifics cause I'm sure I'm missing it.

Thanks for the hard work guys!
Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

Descent Valhalla Game Tracker now supports Rebirth! :D

Thanks for your help!
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Nice, the tracker looks well-engineered. And JSON! At some point, I should talk to Koolbear about this, since I'm sure he's going to want DBB integration. ;)