DXX and Windows 7 volume problem.

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

DXX and Windows 7 volume problem.

Post by TigerRaptor »

There seems to be a conflict between the music control in DXX and Windows volume mixer. If I lower the music in DXX it effects the volume mixer. I also lose sound FX with it. I did disabled the auto adjust thinking that was the case. No luck. Any clue to what problem is?

I have this problem with D1 and D2.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

As far as I know that bug is not limited to just Windows 7 and Zico is aware of it. I worked around the issue by setting -nomusic in the ini file and then playing whatever music I wanted in a media player in the background, works quite well with the D2 redbook audio.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

or you might want to run the music through the jukebox option. I'm guessing, but I don't think that it taps into the main sound if the music is .ogg.

Check out the DXX site. I'm sure it's posted there as Krom mentioned. That's the one nice thing about having computers NOW as opposed to several years ago. There's enough power to truly multi-task now! :mrgreen:
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Thanks for clearing that up. It had me thinking something in my auto went corrupt.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

what I do is to have 2 folders. 1 for the music that I will be playing for the level and 1 for a completely blank MP3. Some music formats don't work with the jukebox or the volume for the pice is messed up and I need to play it with Media Player. I believe that XL has the same problem too.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun