Is this a good sign?

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Is this a good sign?

Post by d3jake »

I ran into it when I was poking though the CD website. And after reading alot of threads on CD here... and I figured that I wanted to find out as much as I could.
BTW, since I couldn't check, will a 2GHz 1 GB RAM, 256 MB vid card run CD okay?
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

They didnt happen to have a story about it on /. did they? :wink:
HighOctane_Jared
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Is this a good sign?

Post by HighOctane_Jared »

d3jake wrote:Image

I ran into it when I was poking though the CD website. And after reading alot of threads on CD here... and I figured that I wanted to find out as much as I could.
BTW, since I couldn't check, will a 2GHz 1 GB RAM, 256 MB vid card run CD okay?

You'll need a shader 3.0 complient video card as well. Or a faster CPU to make up the emulation difference.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Would [url=\"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814133150\"]this{/url] card work? It's the one I'm going to order.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yes it would since everything in Nvidia's 7000 line supports SM3.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Thanks Krom!
zbriggs
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zbriggs »

Actually I think the limitation is PS 2.0; The engine supports 3.0 presently but there are fallbacks for 2.0. If you look at the specs on the engine and the minimum requirements posted here you should find the acceptable range.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

zbriggs wrote:Actually I think the limitation is PS 2.0; The engine supports 3.0 presently but there are fallbacks for 2.0. If you look at the specs on the engine and the minimum requirements posted here you should find the acceptable range.
I assume then that there are no fallbacks for anything earlier, say a RADEON 9200 (waits for hysterical laughter from everyone else).

I'm kidding, of course, by the time this comes out I should have a computer with at least a RADEON X1600.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

They probably have a fall back all the way back to DX7 mode. IIRC the major difference between PS 2.0 and PS 3.0 is that 3.0 can do all the same things that 2.0 can do, but it can do a number more of them in only one pass.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Krom wrote:They probably have a fall back all the way back to DX7 mode.
Or the nearest OpenGL equivalent (I'm on Mac, though *nixers qould benefit as well)
Krom wrote:IIRC the major difference between PS 2.0 and PS 3.0 is that 3.0 can do all the same things that 2.0 can do, but it can do a number more of them in only one pass.
Thanks for the info
zbriggs
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zbriggs »

BTW, anytime you guys see that we have dinged that bandwidth quota email me at zbriggs@highoctane.biz and I will resolve it ASAP.

Zach