New Pyro, New Team Member, New Release, New Server!

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

New Pyro, New Team Member, New Release, New Server!

Post by HeXetic »

A cornucopia of updates from the Into Cerberon team this weekend.

First and foremost, we have a new team member on board. Jon \"Verran\" Vukovich will be contributing music tracks to IC, providing a soundtrack for maps ic_mine and ic_damp in the forthcoming IC 004 release. Verran has previously done some outstanding work for the Core Decision team and I'm glad to have his help with Into Cerberon.

Secondly, we have a new Pyro GX, or rather a re-worked Pyro GX. iceheart has redone our low-poly in-game version from Spectre's original high-poly model, with new normal maps, a new texture, and about 1600 less triangles - a considerable 20% drop! I think you'll agree that it looks even better than our old one:

Image Image Image

With all this fun stuff happening we've made a new internal release, and if you're wondering why I'm telling you this, it's because I've decided that our internal releases shouldn't be so internal anymore. Since our fanbase is mostly hardcore fanatics who are dying for updates, it seemed to me like we might as well let them in on the internal release cycle so that they can enjoy the new features in IC before the official, polished & documented releases go out. As such, our 2007-09-16 internal release build is now available to the public, bringing a number of improvements to the table over IC 003a. Please note, you'll need to have IC 003a installed before applying the IR package, and the IR build will only work on Windows machines.

Of course, a new release isn't any good without somewhere to play it, which is why I'm running a dedicated server all day at 76.67.52.130:27666 -- it should be visible in the standard multiplayer server list, but you can pull down the console and type \"connect 76.67.52.130:27666\" instead to jump in directly. If everything goes well I'd be glad to make the server a regular thing -- I finally got a halfway decent Internet connection a few weeks ago, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden.

Enjoy the updates, and stay tuned to more Doom 3 6DOF action from Into Cerberon!
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

Wow, that looks beautiful! i've don't have doom3, but after looking at this project, i might be visiting amazon/ebay shortly............
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Thanks Hexetic.

ya beat me to the post as I saw it up on the IC site yesterday. it played well....er .. even though I was alone. : )
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Jon \"Verran\" Vukovich will be contributing music tracks to IC=
Cool, you'll have some fine music then!
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

The pyro looks awesome!
Crusader
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Nice Mod

Post by Crusader »

good stuff, keep up the good work!
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

This looked promising; whatever happened with it?
Site's down currently.

Maybe someone will do this with Crysis or another more recent and more widely-adapted FPS game that has great editing/modding tools (like Crysis supposedly does).
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Floyd »

JRock wrote:Maybe someone will do this with Crysis or another more recent and more widely-adapted FPS game that has great editing/modding tools (like Crysis supposedly does).
cross posting huh?

viewtopic.php?p=217256#217256
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

No, not technically, as they aren't identical posts, and I'm also not starting new threads on the same topic in multiple forums, which is what cross posting actually is.

It was unintentional anyway, just was replying to what was being discussed in each thread individually, and I guess I happened to mention a similar thought in both.

ps - Feel free to stop stalking my posts. :)

And someone replied in the other thread with something constructive: The IC site being down is not a death knell but a hosting issue. I thought maybe this TC was dead since I tried the site link and it was down. Glad that's just temporary.
Narfig_Agar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Narfig_Agar »

The site should be coming back up for folks right now. It might take a bit for the DNS to propogate around the world though.

Feel free to join us there!