Will there ever be any support for the demo?

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Will there ever be any support for the demo?

Post by jshaner »

I know Doom III can be obtained cheaply, but I haven't decided to buy it. Is there a slight possibility of making a sample for the demo of Doom III?
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

Unfortunately, simply not possible. The demo is not moddable, is not the same Doom 3 engine version, and would probably be missing textures.

If the $20 for Doom 3 (possibly even less, used) is still a tough decision, try asking around, or watching our YouTube videos, or getting a buddy to loan you their copy, before deciding if you want in. And remember, of course, that Doom 3 itself isn't a terrible game, and there are a bunch of other pretty decent mods for it.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

Which brings up a question will IC eventually end up being a standalone(w/o d3) game in itself.
Narfig_Agar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Narfig_Agar »

Theftbot wrote:Which brings up a question will IC eventually end up being a standalone(w/o d3) game in itself.
Not in the plans right now, but who knows. Maybe some publisher would want to drive a truck load of cash up to our door and change the name.

While Doom3 might become open source, there is still the issue of the art assets we would need to replace before it could be a stand alone game.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

10€ when i last checked.
jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by jshaner »

HeXetic wrote:Unfortunately, simply not possible. The demo is not moddable, is not the same Doom 3 engine version, and would probably be missing textures.

If the $20 for Doom 3 (possibly even less, used) is still a tough decision, try asking around, or watching our YouTube videos, or getting a buddy to loan you their copy, before deciding if you want in. And remember, of course, that Doom 3 itself isn't a terrible game, and there are a bunch of other pretty decent mods for it.
Hmmm....I s'pose I will have to see if anyone i know owns a copy. I am excited about trying it out.