what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Jeff250, Tunnelcat

User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ana ... li=BBnbcA1

oh, those dirty nasty Muslims. ISIS cannot ask for greater success than to trigger this sort of stuff.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 am

I’m curious, which religion do you think inspired this religious hate crime?
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:52 am

dunno. Some might BLAME Christians, but that wouldn't be any fairer than blaming Islam for ISIS. Inspiration to the fanatical, insane and/or desperate shouldn't be carried too far.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:56 am

another radical recruitment tool, here in the US:

http://jezebel.com/seventeen-year-old-m ... socialflow
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am

Absolutely disgusting. And anyone who turns a blind eye to or supports that sort of thing is just as disgusting.
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm

callmeslick wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ana ... li=BBnbcA1

oh, those dirty nasty Muslims. ISIS cannot ask for greater success than to trigger this sort of stuff.
A terrorized population will lash out (as slick/Vander/etc have implied as the motivation for islamic terrorism.)

However- this man was a lone actor motivated by supposed vengeance and NOT motivated by a religion that mandates the death or subjugation of infidels.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Top Gun » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Nightshade wrote: However- this man was a lone actor motivated by supposed vengeance and NOT motivated by a religion that mandates the death or subjugation of infidels.
ahahahaha you are too ★■◆● much
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Nightshade wrote:......NOT motivated by a religion that mandates the death or subjugation of infidels.
no religion I'm aware of does so. Return to cowering in your dark corner of ignorance.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 am

callmeslick wrote:no religion I'm aware of does so. Return to cowering in your dark corner of ignorance.
Never more ironic words spoken by a naive infidel.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 am

NS, you've been warning of my imminent demise for a while now. At this point I view you, your posts and your little narrowminded fears as amusing. Nothing a BIT more. :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Nightshade wrote: A terrorized population will lash out (as slick/Vander/etc have implied as the motivation for islamic terrorism.)
Kind of like what you're doing right now?
However- this man was a lone actor motivated by supposed vengeance and NOT motivated by a religion that mandates the death or subjugation of infidels.

This coming from the guy who screams how Islam is evil? You're going to give this guy a pass for what is clearly religiously motivated terrorism?

Guess terrorism, hate crimes and outright bigotry and xenophobia is okay, as long as the guy is on your side.

"Oh, oh, oh, but it's just a lone actor!" You say. Just how many "lone actors is it going to take before you realize these are not lone actors. Actually, don't answer that. I already know -- it's going to take just one when someone you know is attacked by one of these 'lone actors'.

And then all bets are off. And I'll be here saying: I told you so.
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Yea, and there is a pretty good chance the religion that motivated this guy is Islam.

Unless you believe hatred can only come from ones own religion. (you in general, not just Ferno)
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Ferno wrote:This coming from the guy who screams how Islam is evil? You're going to give this guy a pass for what is clearly religiously motivated terrorism?
What religion motivated him to attack muslims?
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm

what a marvelous two-step, Spidey and NS!!! Lessee now, hundreds of years of Christian oppression and colonialization of the Middle East creates folks who use Islam as some rationale to fight back. Blame Islam.
Guy lashes out after the above group fights back. Blame Islam.

No, Christianity has NOTHING to do with any of this, right?? Sorry, that bullshit, and a piss poor set of arguments and rationales you're exercising.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:19 pm

callmeslick wrote:what a marvelous two-step, Spidey and NS!!! Lessee now, hundreds of years of Christian oppression and colonialization of the Middle East creates folks who use Islam as some rationale to fight back. Blame Islam.
Guy lashes out after the above group fights back. Blame Islam.

No, Christianity has NOTHING to do with any of this, right?? Sorry, that bullshit, and a piss poor set of arguments and rationales you're exercising.
You can point this out until you're blue in the face slick, but Christians and Western Civilization in general will never take the blame for the hatred that the Muslim world now harbors towards us. Like Spidey pointed out at one time, as little as 3 centuries ago, Islam was not at war with Christianity nor with the Western world.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Ferno wrote:This coming from the guy who screams how Islam is evil? You're going to give this guy a pass for what is clearly religiously motivated terrorism?
What religion motivated him to attack muslims?

Okay, you know what?

★■◆● your loaded question, I'm not even touching it. There are other factors at play, but oh no... you laser-focus on one thing and don't care about anything else.

Let me ask you the same question. Did a pop bottle motivate a person to murder someone in the street?
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 pm

What a load of bullshit slick…what we are talking about here is ‘one mans’ motivation, not some ad-hoc chicken egg history lesson.
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Spidey wrote:What a load of bullshit slick…what we are talking about here is ‘one mans’ motivation, not some ad-hoc chicken egg history lesson.

Nah, it's not bullshit dude.

It's not like this guy was walking along, saw the Qu'ran on the side of the road, picked it up, read it and suddenly went 'KILL ALL NONBELIEVERS!'. It doesn't work that way and it's never worked that way. Somebody had to have put that idea into this guys' head.
User avatar
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 1999 2:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by woodchip » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 am

callmeslick wrote:what a marvelous two-step, Spidey and NS!!! Lessee now, hundreds of years of Christian oppression and colonialization of the Middle East creates folks who use Islam as some rationale to fight back. Blame Islam.
Guy lashes out after the above group fights back. Blame Islam.

No, Christianity has NOTHING to do with any of this, right?? Sorry, that bullshit, and a piss poor set of arguments and rationales you're exercising.
Spidey asked what indications religion motivated the guy. Did he scream "Glory to God" as he ran people down? Or is this another one of your flailing attempts to misdirect?
Democrats view other Democrats as incompetent ...NPR radio
User avatar
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 1999 2:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by woodchip » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 am

Top Gun wrote:
Nightshade wrote: However- this man was a lone actor motivated by supposed vengeance and NOT motivated by a religion that mandates the death or subjugation of infidels.
ahahahaha you are too ★■◆● much
I see you are masking your ignorance by another lame response.
Democrats view other Democrats as incompetent ...NPR radio
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:46 pm

woodchip wrote:Spidey asked what indications religion motivated the guy. Did he scream "Glory to God" as he ran people down? Or is this another one of your flailing attempts to misdirect?
he yelled crap about killing 'as many of you' as possible, near a mosque. Blame Islam.
:roll:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 pm

But you were the one that called it a “religious hate crime” I was just asking an honest question.

Maybe Satan told him to kill Muslims.

Or maybe it was The Buddha.

You indicted religion, then bailed when asked to clarify.
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:35 pm

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:Spidey asked what indications religion motivated the guy. Did he scream "Glory to God" as he ran people down? Or is this another one of your flailing attempts to misdirect?
he yelled crap about killing 'as many of you' as possible, near a mosque. Blame Islam.
:roll:
Why does it matter anyway? Killing people purely out of hate is no different than killing people because of their religion, race, creed or other trait. Whites kill blacks and blacks kill whites in this country all the time, all because they harbor racial hatred towards one another. People kill just because someone else is different. Doing it in God's name is no better or worse of a reason than any other. Murder is murder, plain and simple. It violates everything we value about tolerance and freedom. Responding in kind only encourages more revenge killing. It may make some people feel better, but it doesn't fix the root problem, hate. If we humans can't address that, we're doomed because the killing will keep right on happening. It's a vicious circle of tit for tat. Sometimes I think we humans are nothing a failed experiment that's beginning to run away and overheat, exploding in a grand extinction.

Plus, the assailant was damn lucky to escape with his life. An angry crowd surrounded him when he got out of the vehicle and tried to run. A concerned local Imam helped contact the police and keep the angry and volatile crowd from taking vengeance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html
Imam Mohammed Mahmoud wrote:By God’s grace we managed to surround him and to protect him from any harm. We stopped all forms of attack and abuse toward him that were coming from every angle.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 pm

my only beef was the 'religion' blame game, TC.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm

That you started.
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Mooooom! He hit me first! :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Are you sure that applies here?
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Top Gun » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:33 pm

woodchip wrote: I see you are masking your ignorance by another lame response.
Unlike some of you nutjob fearmongers, the rest of us are able to take a dispassionate look at Islam and the people who practice it without flying into frothing hysterics. Run along little one, the big kids are talking.
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Spidey wrote:Are you sure that applies here?
Maybe if you 2 quit sparring over a minor quibble. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:05 pm

This is what happens when people take anti-muslim sentiment and puts it into action.

http://rare.us/rare-news/whats-wrong-wi ... 41b85aaeb5
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:18 pm

There are some really sick people in this world Ferno. :shock:

But what's really scary is that a person is more likely to die in a road rage incident than from the actions of a terrorist. In other words, some other American who may have IED (I kid you not, it's called intermittent explosive disorder), is far more likely to get into a violent altercation and kill another driver just because that other driver made a simple mistake on the road. And the problem is getting worse.

http://brandongaille.com/21-startling-r ... tatistics/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Posts: 15216
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 1998 3:01 am
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Krom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Self driving cars can't come soon enough.
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14414
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by callmeslick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:07 pm

but what if Liberals and Muslims do the coding and AI designs? Driverless coffins for right-thinking Americans. The horror! :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7191
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Top Gun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Ferno wrote:This is what happens when people take anti-muslim sentiment and puts it into action.

http://rare.us/rare-news/whats-wrong-wi ... 41b85aaeb5
In a sane world, people who pulled shit like this would be forcibly ostracized from society. Go ★■◆● yourself in a cabin in the middle of nowhere.
User avatar
Ferno
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
Posts: 14342
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Ferno » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 am

No truer words were spoken.
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Krom wrote:Self driving cars can't come soon enough.
Until some nut-bag hacks 50 thousand of them at once and kills thousands...
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10794
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Tunnelcat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:03 pm

They can already do that now with the current technology in most modern cars already on the road.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ca ... ed-feature
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Posts: 15216
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 1998 3:01 am
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Krom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:19 pm

That article is almost 6 years old, while I wouldn't say we are completely out of the woods yet, at least it isn't as bad today as it was back then. Newer vehicles have had some proper consideration put into securing their firmware and internal networks. At least to the level that compromising thousands of vehicles is beyond the scope of what is possible for "some nut-bag". (Organized criminals and state actors remain a cause for concern.)
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Nightshade » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Tunnelcat wrote:They can already do that now with the current technology in most modern cars already on the road.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ca ... ed-feature
Imagine ransomware taking over your car. $10 a trip or we fry your car...etc.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10396
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Earth

Re: what? NS didn't shout about this religious hate crime?

Post by Spidey » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Yea....I was using the term loosely.
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.
Post Reply