Failing Families

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Dakatsu wrote:....
1. Allow amnesty for anyone who, after passing this bill, reports themselves to the police/government/whatever. They will get US citizenship, with all the benefits and problems (such as paying taxes).....
Your plan would cause a massive rush to the border for every one around the world who wants that golden ticket you just announced!

The only way to accomplish your plans overall goal would be to secure the border first...then announce the rules and be prepared to fight off the expected rush of immigrants.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Octopus wrote:...
Most people I speak with believe the Mexican mind is hardwired for corruption and is the reason Mexico can't be saved. If that's NOT the case (I'm sure it's not) then I think there's a solution out there...
I don't believe they are mentally hard wired but their culture has accepted the methods of corruption as the status quo in their government, justice system and in private business, so to change that would be one humongous task spanning generations.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Octopus wrote:Solving the Mexican crisis is solving our illegal immigration crisis.
Conquer Mexico? ;)

I suspect that one of the mistakes that Americans (liberals, for certain) make is believing that on some level other peoples think like us, or can reflect event the remnant of the moral foundation that America has. That's a big assumption. Don't be overly optimistic and super-impose your values on other people in they're not really there. I wouldn't say they're not, because I don't know, but they may well not be.

(Does it bother anyone else when Mexicans fly an American and a Mexican flag?)
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Will Robinson wrote:
Dakatsu wrote:....
1. Allow amnesty for anyone who, after passing this bill, reports themselves to the police/government/whatever. They will get US citizenship, with all the benefits and problems (such as paying taxes).....
Your plan would cause a massive rush to the border for every one around the world who wants that golden ticket you just announced!

The only way to accomplish your plans overall goal would be to secure the border first...then announce the rules and be prepared to fight off the expected rush of immigrants.
That is supposed to be for granted; the border would be secure, of course :)
Sergeant Thorne wrote:I suspect that one of the mistakes that Americans (liberals, for certain) make is believing that on some level other peoples think like us, or can reflect event the remnant of the moral foundation that America has. That's a big assumption. Don't be overly optimistic and super-impose your values on other people in they're not really there. I wouldn't say they're not, because I don't know, but they may well not be.

(I don't necessarily dislike it when they fly both together or none at all - it is kind of representing their culture, but when only flying the Mexican flag, it makes me think they don't care at all about their country, but for their own lives.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Amnesty was tried once and now we have have twice as many illegals as we did the first time. Liberals see the mexicans as a never ending supply of new voters and thus will not do much to impede their clandestine entry into our country. They all need to be rounded up and sent back or we become a nation of scoff laws.

There is a procedure for those who need asylum to be brought into this country. Claiming poverty is not a definition of asylum under the law.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Testiculese »

CUDA wrote:the corruption has just begun.
My ass...
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Testiculese wrote: My ass...
wipe it, it stops burning that way :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

this is all kinda dumb. It should be pretty simple. If your parents have American citizenship, then you also are American by birth regardless of what \"soil\" they're on when you make your debue.

American citizenship pretty much trumps others if one is married to a non-American. Unless a spouse abdicates their citizenship. (most women are required to do that for other countries *I think - don't know*) that would be the only stickler.
Mexican kids that are born here to parents that have not been naturalized are NOT citizens and are not entitled to things like welfare or SS.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“Mexican kids that are born here to parents that have not been naturalized are NOT citizens and are not entitled to things like welfare or SS.”

But that is “not” correct, if you are “born” in this country…you are a citizen…period! That is more than just a law, it’s a fundamental concept, that transcends any law. And has served this country well for many years.

The problem is…the abuse of that concept…the solution is to stop the abuse…not change the concept.

But hey, that’s just my tight assed red blooded old school American opinion.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

We should execute all illegal immigrants on the spot with machetes. We'll be illegal immigrant free in no time.