Ted Kennedy dead....FINALLY

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Ted Kennedy dead....FINALLY

Post by Nightshade »

May that piece of crap of a man rot in hell.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Classy.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Gooberman wrote:Classy.
+1
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I just remembered why I don't visit this forum. Must have been pretty tired to just click through without thinking.

Well, I guess at least it's over now. I had a relative pass away from a brain tumour about 10 years ago... not the nicest thing to have to go through. :/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ah yes, the lion of the Senate, good old Ted \"Chappaquiddick\" Kennedy. I wonder what the relatives of Mary Jo Kopechne are thinking today?
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

It doesn't say very nice things about us if we degenerate into pure mean hatred for those whom we disagree with.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote:Ah yes, the lion of the Senate, good old Ted "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy. I wonder what the relatives of Mary Jo Kopechne are thinking today?
I don't know for sure but if ThunderBunny is one of them then I can at least understand the comment.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

Kilarin wrote:It doesn't say very nice things about us if we degenerate into pure mean hatred for those whom we disagree with.
I don’t hate the people I disagree with, but there are a few people in the government I would be happy to see go.

But I don’t like the suffering, maybe should be quick. Like getting run over by an ACORN bus. :twisted:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Spidey wrote:but there are a few people in the government I would be happy to see go
True. I won't miss his role as a lawmaker. Ted Kennedy was, in my opinion, a bad man. But I'm not happy that he died, certainly not that he died in such a painful and unpleasant way. I would PREFER to see bad men become GOOD men.

Just to clarify, I do NOT think that everyone who disagrees with me is a BAD person. Some people who disagree with me are far BETTER people than I am. And I don't KNOW Ted Kennedy, so my opinion that he was "BAD" is based on some very external and incomplete data.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

wow.

you are a horrible, horrible person for saying that thunderbunny.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

TB, you're way out of line here.

If you had posted about disagreements with Kennedy's policies / statements / voting record / etc., that would have been fine. I probably would have agreed with some of it. But that post crossed a line.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

woodchip wrote:Ah yes, the lion of the Senate, good old Ted "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy. I wonder what the relatives of Mary Jo Kopechne are thinking today?
I agree.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Okay, this is the last time I \"participate\" in the Ethics and Commentary board. It's one thing to disagree with the man, but to be glad he is dead is sick and twisted.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Dakatsu wrote:Okay, this is the last time I "participate" in the Ethics and Commentary board. It's one thing to disagree with the man, but to be glad he is dead is sick and twisted.
depends on the person. I'll be glad when Osama is dead. :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I posted it because a number of women that had affairs with the Kennedys have ended up dead in one way or another. They have always fancied themselves above the law and could care less for the common man. Mary Jo Kopechne, Marilyn Monroe, Martha Moxley are all dead and only one of them got some form of justice.

Ted Kennedy was a piece of trash and it's good that we're rid him.

Chappaquiddick: No Profile in Kennedy Courage

Senator Was Haunted By Ghosts of 1969 Fatal Crash, Despite Accomplishments

By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
Aug. 26, 2009

In the summer of 1969, consiglieres of the former John F. Kennedy administration -- Robert McNamara, Arthur Schlesinger and Ted Sorensen, among others -- convened in Hyannis Port, Mass., to write the apology that would save the young Sen. Ted Kennedy from himself.

Only days before, Kennedy had left the scene of a fatal car crash on the small island of Chappaquiddick on Martha's Vineyard, taking the life of 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne.

The second-term senator waited nearly 10 hours to report the accident and offered virtually no explanation other than he \"panicked.\"

\"In those conclaves a speech, not unlike the 'Checkers' speech, was crafted for him to give on TV, throwing himself on the compassion of the American people to write and call in to keep him on the ticket,\" said Edward Klein, author of the new book, \"Ted Kennedy: The Dream That Never Died.\"

\"All of the Kennedy acolytes were there,\" Klein told ABCNews.com. \"His wife Joan was not allowed downstairs. They didn't want her to hear it.\"
Entire article here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8212665#
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Their wives seem to have survived fine.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

I wouldn't normally lock this but this is NHB garbage, post some real creative thinking instead of just republican vs. democrat mindless drivel. Something with your own ideas that isn't just ★■◆● the democrats
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Dakatsu wrote:Okay, this is the last time I "participate" in the Ethics and Commentary board. It's one thing to disagree with the man, but to be glad he is dead is sick and twisted.
By quitting, you're letting Thunderbunny the board-terrorist win.

Also, Brian, thanks for locking this.