Obama’s Well Organized Community Is Falling Apart

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Bee, it wasn't that you said you wanted all Taliban dead. It was that you said you wanted them all dead because you don't consider them to be human. That may have been just a poor choice of words on your part (and I suspect it was) but that is what we all responded to. If you had said that you wanted them all dead because of how they treat women, non-Muslims, Americans, or some other heinous act on their part it would have gone very differently.

Also, don't assume just because some here called you on your statements, that those who did are sympathetic towards the Taliban. Many here would like to see them all dead as well. The difference is motivation.

Base your feelings toward the Taliban (or anyone else for that matter) on what they have done, not who they are.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Wow! I've been quietly watching this thread and am amazed at the \"revolving circle\" going on here. So to clarify what we've go here:

1. The Taliban hates (doesn't consider them worthy to exist) anyone who doesn't believe as they do (the \"Infidels\") and believe it their duty to kill (or die trying to kill) the \"Infidels\" ... and they boldly tell us that is their desire.
2. Bee hates (desires dead, doesn't consider human, considers \"monsters\", sub-human, etc.) the Taliban in any and all forms ... and Bee boldly tells us that is her desire.
3. Many of the persons on this forum consider the Taliban's hate of the \"Infidel\" to be wrong, and also consider Bee's hate for the Taliban to be wrong.
4. Many (at least a few) of the people on this forum consider Bee's hate for the Taliban to be no different than the Taliban's hate for the \"Infidel\" ... which would make Bee no better than the Taliban with regards to hating other persons or people.
5. Some of us have been trying to explain #4 to Bee while she adamantly claims that isn't the case.

Did I miss anything?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

No
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote:No
x2
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Sounds about right.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

seems like you understood. maybe you can explain it to Bee
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

well done.

and welcome to the age of relative truth.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

I haven't been keeping up with this long thread. But this post is correct.
TechPro wrote:4. Many (at least a few) of the people on this forum consider PEOPLE'S hate for the Taliban to be no different than the Taliban's hate for the "Infidel" ... which would make SOME PEOPLE no better than the Taliban with regards to hating other persons or people.
It's not just this Bee person but many others that have this same view. And I think these people are what's the real cause of the mess we're in today, over there. The USA refuses to really understand why people kill each other in the middle east. We march over there, in retaliation (because their lower than us and need to be exterminated) and only can spin our tires. And we still have a "destroy the evil doers" mentality. It's so dumb...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Isaac wrote: And we still have a "destroy the evil doers" mentality. It's so dumb...
You need to be careful there Issac. There are times when that's appropriate. You motivation is what matters in these circumstances. While I understand where Bet is coming from, lashing out perniciously isn't a good response. It is, however, typical of the younger college age crowd. Why do you think folks, when they are looking to gather a following, will go to colleges? Because it doesn't take a whole lot to rile them up. People are extremely passionate at that age. And THAT IS A GOOD THING. It just needs to be moderated and channeled with wisdom.

Avoiding "destroying the evil does" is what kept us out of WW2 for so long and allowed Germany and Japan to gain the footholds we had to fight so hard to regain.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Duper wrote:
Isaac wrote: And we still have a "destroy the evil doers" mentality. It's so dumb...
You need to be careful there Issac. There are times when that's appropriate. You motivation is what matters in these circumstances. While I understand where Bet is coming from, lashing out perniciously isn't a good response. It is, however, typical of the younger college age crowd. Why do you think folks, when they are looking to gather a following, will go to colleges? Because it doesn't take a whole lot to rile them up. People are extremely passionate at that age. And THAT IS A GOOD THING. It just needs to be moderated and channeled with wisdom.

Avoiding "destroying the evil does" is what kept us out of WW2 for so long and allowed Germany and Japan to gain the footholds we had to fight so hard to regain.
Sorry. I didn't meant to sound like I was calling anyone here dumb. Just the US mentality as a whole.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yeah, I know that was a generalization. no worries. This board tends to view things in the extreme (i've done the same) so I wanted to offer some moderation. ;)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
P.S. Cuda, I'm still waiting for that answer....

Bee
don't flatter yourself

I gave you your answer, GO BACK AND RE-READ THE POSTS. now if your too dense to understand then too bad.
I'm not willing to waste my time explaining it to you AGAIN.
you see it seems that after getting hammered by EVERYONE on this forum for your position you now wish to "CLARIFY" your thinking and hopefully take some of the heat off you. that might work back in high school. but not in the real world. Nice try Missy :wink:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Bet51987 wrote::words:
The soldiers out there fighting do not share your view of the Taliban, they fight and die for freedom not out of hatred. Nobody here thinks poorly of them and we are all extremely grateful for their sacrifice. They are out there trying to make the world a better place for everyone and we can't thank them enough for it.

You on the other hand spread the very same hatred and evil that the soldiers are risking or even losing their lives to fight. Your attitude is nothing but a tremendous insult to their honor, and that is why everyone here is disgusted with you.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Warning, post influenced by Tequila...
However educational this tangent may be for Bee, this is so off topic... Could it possibly be split off to it's own thread as the topic if this post is in itself quit topical.
:!:
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote: Don't ever expect me to not hate the Taliban, and Cuda... nice out.

Bee
Feel the Love :D

Man I love Quotes

~ Few people can be happy unless they hate some other person, nation, or creed ~

Bertrand Russell
~ Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. ~

Eric Hoffer
~ If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us. ~

Hermann Hesse
:)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m thinking about a quote…something about throwing a stone.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Stroodles »

Bet51987 wrote: So, with the exception of a few members here I really don't care one bit that the others find me disgusting or evil. In fact, I feel the same about them.
Bet51987 wrote: I hate the Taliban and Islam
I have to sort of agree on the Taliban thing. I believe that there are people, and then there are people that make evil choices (and I have no problem with us killing the second group). However much the Taliban makes me question that stance, I think that it is wrong of you to take a stand against their religon as a whole. I have friends who are Islamic, and I see nothing wrong with them. When you start putting labels and groups of people, it never gets you anywhere but wrong.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You are right Stroodles…hating Islam is wrong, but hating the Taliban is like hating Cockroaches.

And unfortunately, since Bee has chosen to group the two together, I must now choose to decline any more moral support.

Maybe TB can lend some support, as she has done for him.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:Don't ever expect me to not hate the Taliban, and Cuda... nice out.

Bee
hey...

do us all a favour, grab a hankerchief, take a one way trip to Afghanistan and run out in front of the taliban with a tanktop and shorts, and start to cry in front of them.

What happens next would be a benefit to everyone.

I'm so glad you're not in charge.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

this is the problem you run into when you make emotion your decision maker.

Emotion is fine, but you really need to apply reason to the rationalization process.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Bettina wrote:7. carrying an ipod.
And to think you could've got away with it all if you had a Zune...
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.

Not exactly a separator IMO.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »