Family Guy / Bad Joke

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

That's so cool! Will it bounce?
Why doesn't it work?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Xamindar wrote:That's so cool! Will it bounce?
Well, it's a fish, isn't it?
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Bettina wrote: I wish you would check that link and offer an opinion
Sometimes you just KNOW you don't want to see what's on the other side of a link. :) BUT, I clicked since you asked.

It wasn't funny. It was a bunch of stupid and offensive racist garbage.

I can enjoy racial humor.

Why did God invent whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world! :D

GOOD racial humor highlights and exaggerates some racial stereotype in a manner that is humorous, not mean. One good sign of the difference between racial humor and racism is that good racial humor is most often funniest to members of the race being lampooned. Actually, you're most likely to hear the joke coming from a member of that race. (The Irish joke above was told to me by someone of Irish descent)

But there is a fuzzy grey area where good natured racial humor starts drifting over into mean. And then there are cases where there can be no doubt that you've gone way past funny and into hatred.

The same is true for "jokes" about other groups besides race. Men and women make jokes about the differences between our genders all the time. It's a funny topic that DESERVES some good jokes. But you can tell when the jokes shift from "we are different and humor is a good way to talk about that", to "I hate the other gender and humor is a good way to insult them"

I can't imagine why anyone would think the link in question was in any way funny. The tone isn't humorous, its insulting and derogatory. I doubt if it was really written by white supremacists, but it was deliberately designed to sound like it was. It's a page of vitriolic hatred and derision. Where is the humor or the benefit in such a link?

I don't get it, but then perhaps the context here has something to do with that. The whole thread began with discussing a "shock" program. I don't get programs that are deliberately designed to be offensive, not because they are trying to make an important point, but simply to be offensive. Why has offensive become "funny?"
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

For example:

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Isaac wrote:For example:

lol..wth??! :lol:
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

5 pages of derailed?

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Kilarin wrote:The whole thread began with discussing a "shock" program. I don't get programs that are deliberately designed to be offensive, not because they are trying to make an important point, but simply to be offensive. Why has offensive become "funny?"
its not. its the people that become offended that are funny.
Sadly, this thread is no longer funny. Its actually a hybrid of fail and AIDS.
thats why I'm taking the link down.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Hate crime:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

That IS funny Isaac! :)
S13driftAZ wrote:its the people that become offended that are funny.
The reactions of sensitive people can be amusing, but it's kinda like pushing over a cripple for laughs. Not very sporting.

<edit> Realized the above sounded snotty. I didn't mean it that way since I HAVE done this myself. Sometimes pushing peoples buttons is very tempting. </edit>
S13driftAZ wrote:thats why I'm taking the link down
Thanks. That will probably be for the best.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Think about what that cat did to that baby seconds after the shot was taken... :oops:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

SilverFJ wrote:Think about what that cat did to that baby seconds after the shot was taken... :oops:
I wonder about that as well.