It's that damn Kenyan's fault

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

It's that damn Kenyan's fault

Post by Tunnelcat »

The right wing nut cases are finally grasping at straws. There's a new conspiracy running around the net that claims the government is creating plastic nanobot snow as a weapon and dumping it all over the South. Their "proof" is that this snow doesn't melt in a flame and chars over like plastic. They also claim this is an Obama vendetta to use this "snow" as a weapon against those poor little conservative Southerners who hate him. Brother, the nutcases trying to get rid of Obama are getting really desperate now. What's sad is that a lot of uninformed people in this country fell for it hook, line and sinker.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronom ... _melt.html

http://www.geekosystem.com/chemtrail-sn ... explained/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: It's that damn Kenyan's fault

Post by flip »

Oldest trick in the book. That's not what happened. All Doppler radars are Dual-Pol now. Well, it seems that if you feed a dual polarized reference beam with another, you can actually cause light to begin to twist. Ultimately, they hope to distort the space-time continuum, but as it stands you can create a sort of vortex. I watched the snow storm split in 2 over that radar, close in on the otherside, and then whooomp close in the middle catching everybody with their pants down. Neat stuff, but not safe because this last storm, they had it torqued and when they let it go it actually created a meso signature on my radar program.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Who’s dumber….

The moron who makes up this crap…

The moron that feels the need to de-bunk it…

Not you flip, everyone already knows you're crazy... :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/po ... light.html

Eww, I know! People who would make waste of people like you :P

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/12/ ... tum-light/
Twisting a light beam makes it very sensitive to its surroundings.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Of course I'm trolling, because is the absolute last place to find anybody to talk about stuff like this, but really, if they think they can actually distort the space-time continuum this way, pushing clouds around it is as simple as it gets. Get a clue!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this thread is hilarious!! :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'll say. What's flip been smoking? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Get back on your meds Flip, you're scaring the children.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Top Gun wrote:Get back on your meds Flip, you're scaring the children.
Priceless!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1290688/posts
A novel trick with light has got physicists in a spin. Pitch your photon like a corkscrewing curveball and you can push bandwidth through the roof, flummox eavesdroppers and perhaps even talk to aliens. Stephen Battersby investigates

IT DOESN'T look like much, just a plain box about half a metre long. Nonetheless, this is the prototype of something with seemingly magical properties. Fire a beam of its laser light at the dust sitting on your tabletop and the dust motes will begin to dance around in circles.
http://www.phys.uconn.edu/~mallett/main/funding.htm
The Space-Time Twisting by Light project
A few years back, University of Connecticut professor of physics, Ronald Mallett shook the geekosphere with his prediction of a functioning time machine within the next 100 years. But even more intriguing than a working time machine coming online sometime before the last Justin Bieber fan kicks the bucket, the professor claims he has located a gray area in Einstein's General Relativity Theory that could make some form of direct temporal manipulation a reality within the decade.

Mallett is currently seeking funding for his Space-Time Twisting by Light (STL) project (gritty, nerdy deets available here: PDF). The STL aims — to use junior high parlance — to give the fabric of space-time a purple nurple. By utilizing rotating lasers, the STL will attempt to induce a warping of space-time which would allow a sidestepping of the linear flow of time as we know it. (While definitely intriguing, the proposal is not without its detractors.)

Mallet gave a simplified rundown of the concept during a recent interview:

"According to Einstein's theory, light can also create gravity even though it is not made up of matter. It's just energy, but it can create gravity. What I realized is that if light can create gravity and gravity can affect time then light can affect time. So my core idea was that by using light, you can actually alter time. So my notion was to have a time machine that was based on light by using laser light ..."

All you need is a circularly polarized reference beam to fire another beam into. All weather radars are Dual-Pol now, so you can definitely try this on a large scale now. Twisting light and moving the matter into a vortex is proven, I'm not so sure about space-time but I'm also not so stupid as to immediately dismiss it either :)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

TC, there were leftys that swore Bush used secret US technology to steer hurricanes into New Orleans and a week or so later into Houston to get the black people who escaped to there...

So I thing what you have found is true wacko is completely bipartisan.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:All you need is a circularly polarized reference beam to fire another beam into. All weather radars are Dual-Pol now, so you can definitely try this on a large scale now. Twisting light and moving the matter into a vortex is proven, I'm not so sure about space-time but I'm also not so stupid as to immediately dismiss it either :)
Even if you buy into the premise of the above research, Doppler radar operates in a completely different fashion. The "dual polarization" in modern Doppler installations refers to both horizontal and vertical polarization of the radio waves, which allows forecasters to get a better 3D picture of what's going on in a storm. They're not even circularly polarized (like RealD 3D movies), to say nothing of imparting angular momentum to photons. And the specific properties of a laser are very different from the generalized radio waves produced by a radar transmitter. This is why I've told you in the past that you really need to learn more about the basics behind terms before you use them, because otherwise you wind up applying labels to very unrelated concepts.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, first off, spinning dust bunnies is not a premise, it's an observation. I have been studying weather for at least 30 years now, so I am well aware of what Dual-Pol is. My point is that you need a circularly polarized reference beam being fed with another to make the light twist and those radar stations are perfect to try it on a large scale. So if a spinning laser(electromagnetic energy) can spin dust bunnies, then it can surely spin clouds. which confirms earlier suspicions of mine that tornado's are foundationally fueled by an electromagnetic component. If I were them, I would start tryin to find places where light may twist naturally.

EDIT: This is not a pissing contest ;)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:TC, there were leftys that swore Bush used secret US technology to steer hurricanes into New Orleans and a week or so later into Houston to get the black people who escaped to there...

odd, I never heard so much as ONE person ever make such a claim. EVER. I'm sure the right wing wackosphere pretty much made that one up for you, Will.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:TC, there were leftys that swore Bush used secret US technology to steer hurricanes into New Orleans and a week or so later into Houston to get the black people who escaped to there...

odd, I never heard so much as ONE person ever make such a claim. EVER. I'm sure the right wing wackosphere pretty much made that one up for you, Will.
But we all know you will say things that are not true. So whether or not you actually heard any of it doesn't really matter.

Anyone who wonders could probably find some web pages with the craziness still out there by searching Bush and steer hurricanes.
Complete lunacy is found within any large group formed by humans.
You can selectively report on it in only certain groups if you want to fool nonthinking people. God knows enough politicians get elected from that process so we know it works.

My comments were aimed at people who think and who don't have such despicable goals so you can ignore them.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I wonder what it is like to live in a world of absolute denial.

Must be convenient.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

You got to use some common sense to. I'm not sure they can't steer hurricanes, although I never make claims without sources or something to found it on. Jeez, the Nuclear Age started in 1890. There was a UN Weather Weapons treaty in 1976. How long ago was radio discovered? The general public is LIGHTYEARS behind. I find it fascinating, neither good or bad, but the potential for great good or great bad.

EDIT:Such as, being able to protect your troops from severe weather while providing an electromagnetic dome over them while the enemy is swamped in it, or throwing up a huge electromagnetic missile shield that zaps their electrical components, Or a bunch of dumbass rednecks who hardly ever see snow, watch while it splits in 2 and completely surrounds them all the while thinking they have plenty of time, then the middle closing up and all the sudden your in the thick of it and at a complete standstill. Limitless applications. Problem is, with that treaty, each nation is bound to only test on their own grounds. Now, generating ELF waves is simple today, and if you can find a spot already under a lot of tension, wouldn't be hard to set off an earthquake. I think that's the difference between believers and non. Nothing is impossible to him who believes in the invisible. It's all made of atomic pieces, can be broken down and re-arranged and every bit of it is a form of light.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

But we all know you will say things that are not true. So whether or not you actually heard any of it doesn't really matter.

Anyone who wonders could probably find some web pages with the craziness still out there by searching Bush and steer hurricanes.
Complete lunacy is found within any large group formed by humans.
You can selectively report on it in only certain groups if you want to fool nonthinking people. God knows enough politicians get elected from that process so we know it works.

My comments were aimed at people who think and who don't have such despicable goals so you can ignore them.
as you loons love to ask of me: links please. :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep, wackoness knows no party, or education level either. The "Katrina Gap" was thought up by a Seattle-based meteorologist. :wink:

http://goldenageofgaia.com/accountabili ... louisiana/

http://katrinacoverage.com/tag/conspiracy-theories
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Obama's October surprise.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/obam ... ane-sandy/

stupid is as stupid does
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It's kind of frightening that the Internet gives nuts like that such a big soapbox to stand on.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Yep id1ots abound.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, I'm not gonna say they do or they don't, but they definitely can. Those that cannot do, teach!
Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques

Signed in Geneva May 18, 1977
Entered into force October 5, 1978
Ratification by U.S. President December 13, 1979
U.S. ratification deposited at New York January 17, 1980

Article I

1. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to engage in military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects as the means of destruction, damage or injury to any other State Party.

2. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to assist, encourage or induce any State, group of States or international organiza-tion to engage in activities contrary to the provisions of paragraph 1 of this article.

Article II

As used in Article I, the term “environmental modification techniques” refers to any technique for changing — through the deliberate manipulation of natural processes — the dynamics, composition or structure of the Earth, including its biota, lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere, or of outer space.
lol!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That treaty doesn't mean at all that anyone knew how to perform such modifications then, or that anyone does now: it was more to make sure that nobody tries playing with it in the future. About the best that's ever been accomplished was the Army using cloud-seeding in Vietnam to try and make VC trails more impassable. We're a very long way from being able to control so much as a little rain cloud, much less anything major. Hell, depending on how you read that treaty, it might be most useful as another level of prevention against nuclear attacks...nothing says "long-lasting widespread effects" like radioactive fallout.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Pfft! Slave.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

This is not for you TG. This is only for the free-thinking. I've posted this before, so it's obvious you have not read it yet. I think their a little ahead of schedule.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

This is not for you TG. This is only for the free-thinking. I've posted this before, so it's obvious you have not read it yet. I think their a little ahead of schedule.
Dude...that very paper says in multiple sections that it's a completely-speculative study on future weather-control uses, based on technology that MIGHT exist in the year 2025. It's a report from all the way back in 1996, and many of the lines of study it's using as a basis may not even be relevant almost 20 years later. Hell, just look around you right now: if the US had developed the means to influence larger-scale weather patterns, do you think that California would currently be experiencing its worst drought in recorded history? We could shift some systems over it and voila, instant reservoir refills.

This is the same bull★■◆● that happens every single time you jump into some sort of technical conversation. Your definition of "free-thinking" is essentially "Here's some ideas I have and these ideas must be true because I want them to be true," all while exhibiting neither the background understanding nor basic logic skills to engage in the subjects you're talking about. What's it going to take for you to realize this?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No dude, you just got a one track mind is all. Can't think of 2 things at once it seems. Now, cross those intentions with the ability to twist light in such a fashion as it exerts gravity. That's as simple as I can put it.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

It is well known that light, or more generally an electromagnetic wave, carries not only energy but also momentum, which is a characteristic property of all objects in translational motion. The existence of this momentum becomes apparent in the “radiation pressure” phenomenon, in which a light beam transfers its momentum to an absorbing or scattering object, generating a mechanical pressure on it in the process.

Less widely known is the fact that light may also carry angular momentum, which is a property of all objects in rotational motion. For example, a light beam can be rotating around its own axis while it propagates forward. Again, the existence of this angular momentum can be made evident by transferring it to small absorbing or scattering particles, which are thus subject to an optical torque.
Cross-reference: Dust Bunnies.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

:lol: I get actual LOL's from some of flip's posts. This thread is gold.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/246.pdf

Here's a good read from 1987, if you actually even read these. I'm pretty sure you don't but I especially like this quote:
There are two main ways in which light can exert mechanical forces on atoms: the scattering force and the optical dipole force. In 1933, Otto R. Frisch performed
I'm just scaring the children a little bit :P

The best way it seems is through OAM though.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Now, cross those intentions with the ability to twist light in such a fashion as it exerts gravity.
Light. does. not. exert. gravitational. force.

It. is. massless.

Where. do. you. get. this. stuff.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Einstein :roll:
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I suggest you start educating yourself TG, they have made a complete monkey out of you.
Mechanical force is an energy that requires a medium for it to travel. When this force is applied on an object, it can cause it to bend, scratch it, or break the object.
Let's start from the beginning.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Einstein :roll:
Oh sweet Jesus...general relativity describes how GRAVITY AFFECTS LIGHT. The gravitational fields of large masses warp space-time, which light travels through, and so light waves bend. It DOES NOT work the other way around: light waves do not produce a gravitational force, because light has no mass.
flip wrote:I suggest you start educating yourself TG, they have made a complete monkey out of you.
There's only one monkey I see here, and he keeps flinging ★■◆● against the wall to see what sticks.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

A novel trick with light has got physicists in a spin. Pitch your photon like a corkscrewing curveball and you can push bandwidth through the roof, flummox eavesdroppers and perhaps even talk to aliens. Stephen Battersby investigates

IT DOESN'T look like much, just a plain box about half a metre long. Nonetheless, this is the prototype of something with seemingly magical properties. Fire a beam of its laser light at the dust sitting on your tabletop and the dust motes will begin to dance around in circles.
Do you know what mechanical force is?

EDIT: "According to Einstein's theory, light can also create gravity even though it is not made up of matter. It's just energy, but it can create gravity."

The problem here is that they told you light is massless, which is true, but then you ASSUME because it's massless it cannot affect atom's which do have mass. That's all you got. Truth is, if you twist it, it can actually trap and freeze atoms thereby exerting a mechanical force on them. Just go teach what you've been told, because insight you do not have.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Here's my only assertion throughout this whole thread. If you can take a twisting laser beam and cause the dust on the desk to swirl, then you can also do it on a large scale. TG, tell me, how does a twisting light beam cause dust to swirl on a desk if it is not exerting a mechanical force on the dust?

EDIT: If you can tell me, I have wasted all this time reading these studies when all the while I could have just asked you.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Actually 2 questions. Answer them if you can. If a storm has electromagnetic properties not seen by the naked eye, can you repel or attract it if you exert a mechanical force on it in the form of twisting light? Kind of like 2 magnets pushed apart or pulled together.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I will make a prediction. This thread will die now. Not because some of the people here have a true love of science, knowledge and discovery,

EDIT: Last remark struck from the record because I am not allowed.