I wish I'd had the time to make popcorn....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

I wish I'd had the time to make popcorn....

Post by callmeslick »

.....while packing for a trip to New England, I was watching CNN as background noise. Good golly! As a lifetime political wonk, this campaign cycle is endlessly fascinating. I never thought I'd see the stuff I watched today, with a party publicly savaging itself on 24-hour news TV, while. Where this goes from here is anyone's guess, but I suspect it isn't going to be pretty. Tonight brings a debate, right? This will demand serious snacks, and more than likely hallucinogens, to process.

Toss in the fact that the prosecutors are offering immunity to the aide of the other party's Chosen One, which does clearly indicate an intent to move up the ladder, and we have the makings for hilarity to ensue for a bit. With any luck, we might get a real choice, maybe even a real debate about the role of government and priorities of the economy. More than likely we won't, but I'm ever hopeful.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"