Bwa-ha-ha

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Bwa-ha-ha

Post by sigma »

A Russian submarine - capable of carrying cruise missiles - has been intercepted by a Royal Navy warship in the North Sea.
http://news.sky.com/story/1708600/russi ... vy-warship
The Russian Defense Ministry surprised by the fact that for detection of the Russian submarine in the North sea off the coast of great Britain were attracted by the British Navy and allies from NATO.
"It would be strange if they did not see the submarine go at slow speed on the surface accompanied by a tugboat, - said in a statement. - It welcomed the passing Collision Course merchant ships from different countries in the Barents, Norwegian and North Seas for a few days of transition. "
https://life.ru/t/%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%83%D0 ... o_nie_bylo
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Bwa-ha-ha

Post by Tunnelcat »

The British Navy said there was no tugboat and that the sub was under it's own power.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/photo-sh ... 10111.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

congrats, Sigma, good to see you boys can keep some of them off the bottom of the ocean. Reactors leaking yet?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Any more self exploding and sinking near port?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

If this is going to evoke some discussion about international relations, journalistic bias, submarine propulsion technology or something else worthwhile, carry on.

If this is only going to be more nation-smack-talk, then drop it.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Foil wrote:If this is going to evoke some discussion about international relations, journalistic bias, submarine propulsion technology or something else worthwhile, carry on.

If this is only going to be more nation-smack-talk, then drop it.
Around here? LOL. Are you joking?

Sorry buddy, but you know how this place works by now. :)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Naturally, the British Navy will never tell you that it is a regular planned transition of the submarine from the northern base to base in the Black sea, details of which the advance were even in Wikipedia, but they called it of "interception" and "the incident, which is the latest of many involving Russian military vehicles encroaching in NATO territory" :lol: It's just funny. I think if it happened in Russia, I am sure, all the Western media as they could laughed at this episode.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah sigma, it looks like the British were making a mountain out of a anthill. The sub apparently did have a support tug with it, although no British pictures show that little detail, and it was also traveling "up top", or on the surface as is required in that part of the ocean, where anyone with a pair of binoculars or a set of mark one eyeballs could see anything they wanted. Since going through the English Channel is the shortest route to the Black Sea from the port it left from, everyone gets to wave to one another like tourists. :lol:

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/345996-russian-sub-uk-media/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itain.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

People, tell please, Barack Obama specifically wants to look like a fool or someone helps him? When he talks about the problem of global warming, he talks about the American national parks. Not about the unique nature reserves in Australia, not about the terrible situation in the vicinity of the Amazon, not about Arctic or the Russian tundra, etc. Honestly, I can not understand how a person with this status can afford to such errors.
National Geographic
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

He's speaking to an American audience and using examples of places that Americans are familiar with. Why would he mention Australia or Siberia in that context?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

TG is exactly correct, Sigma. If you cannot understand the context of someone's public statements, why on Earth, Sigma, would you comment?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Let's start with the fact that the American destroyer had forgotten something in the Black Sea. No, better we will not start this...You understand me, in short.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no, I don't. At all.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

What here not clear? You really don't understand what you voluntarily walk into the jaws of a bear? F*ck, now any drunk Georgians will launch a infrared missile to the American ship and start a WWIII.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:no, I don't. At all.
I took a moment to decipher Sigma's nonsensical ranting. He seems to be referring to the USS Cole which is conducting military exercises in the Black Sea with allies ahead of a NATO summit. The head of the Russian Foreign Ministry's European Cooperation Department is much less worried than Sigma.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

You just do not know much. You can not even imagine how serious it is.
If Americans will continue to be here, I guarantee you that will happen some day an accident sooner or later.
You have to understand, the American ship here it's just a gift of fate, he is like a mosquito flying in front of nose.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

sigma wrote:You have to understand, the American ship here it's just a gift of fate, he is like a mosquito flying in front of nose.
We are there are the request of our allies. How is having an American ship in the Black Sea any different than a Turkish one? Your own minister said this is a normal occurrence. Does Russia have a guilty conscious?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Of course, Russian and American military to communicate and coordinate actions. But damn it, you know that the civilian population of South Russia more than other regions is crammed with any kinds of weapons? And it's not the machine guns with grenades. This is under the control of Vladimir Putin, but he can't control absolutely everyone.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

sigma wrote:This is under the control of Vladimir Putin, but he can't control absolutely everyone.
Naturally. But the US Generals who make military decisions understand this and act accordingly. The United States has no interest in fighting Russia. There is no benefit to anyone. Even if rogue players did manage to sink an American ship that would not mean war automatically, though it would probably mean immediate sanctions from the International Community.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I can guarantee you that if a Russian destroyer or submarine cruised their way around the Gulf of Mexico at the behest of Mexico for example (it's possible if a president Trump pisses off the Mexicans with his wall and they decide to become a Russian ally in retaliation), the U.S. would be throwing epic fits. :wink:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

If you do not yet know, World War II began with the fact that the German soldiers removed his pants and showing bare ass for Russian border guards. Later they begged Russian soldiers give at least a hot tea. And we fed them, although everyone was instantly ready to kill the scum.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

"Mooning" your enemy isn't a very bright idea in the first place. You're just asking to become a target. :P

On a different note, it's sad to say we lost an up and coming Russian-born actor the other day. Anton Yelchin played Chekov in the J.J. Abrams version of Star Trek. He was hit by his own car in his own driveway of all things. I'm guessing he forgot to set his parking brake.

http://mashable.com/2016/06/19/anton-yelchin-died/
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

A similar story happened with Viktor Tsoi
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Worst of all, real Americans are almost extinct. And real Russians almost extinct. Our countries are more and more turning into a rabble. In the United States began in the 90-ies, in Russia in the 21st century. USA copies the style of the Muslims, Russia copies the style of the United States, although we have of their Muslim rife.
Bullsh*t it's all. It seems that eventually American, Russian and European Muslims get to the nuclear buttons and use up all the cartridges on each other.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what is a 'real American' supposed to be, and how on earth do you propose that we somehow adhere to a Muslim model? Hell, Americans are defined by diversity and pretty much always have been to some extent. At first, it was a diversity of Western Europeans, but quickly adding Africans, Asians, Middle Easterners and others to the mix. By the 19th century, we'd pretty much assimilated the vast bulk of European culture and mores, with touches from all the rest tossed into a cultural gumbo. I ask you again, what the hell is a 'real American', to your mind?
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Impossible to say in one sentence.
And about the Russian is too deep, you wouldn't understand.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote: And about the Russian is too deep, you wouldn't understand.
Not really. A true Russian: drunk and fighting stray dogs with a snow shovel, caught on a dash can.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Pithily. I never doubted that you is as wise as Solomon.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

note,Sigma....I didn't ask one thing about Russia, nor did I
request a short answer.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Probably will be unnecessary to write a new thesis about it. You can find it.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no I cannot 'find' your reasoning
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

My time is expensive. If you want me to write a book about America for you, you have to pay. I can do it for free for Russians, but you do not deserve it. Although perhaps for TC, I'd do it for free also.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

why would I wish to buy a book from someone who has never demonstrated the first clue what he's talking about? Your time is not worth MY money.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

No, buddy. Sorry. Unsuccessful attempt. I know too well the management, goals and tactics of negotiation :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sigma's got you there slick. :wink:
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

True American…

The Past: Hardworking, freedom lover.

The Present: Needs stuff.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

By God, Spidey hit the nail on the head. :wink:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Spidey's right actually, in my opinion.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote:My time is expensive. If you want me to write a book about America for you, you have to pay. I can do it for free for Russians, but you do not deserve it. Although perhaps for TC, I'd do it for free also.
Me too, right? I've never said anything bad about Russia or Russians.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I should get a free copy also as we are military bro's/