Allahu Akbar

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Allahu Akbar

Post by Nightshade »

This is why you hear it from muslims across the entire globe:
The term Allahu Akbar embodies the fight for the supremacy of Islam, Allah, and the true believers: past, present, and future; actual and symbolic; military, cultural, or by means of forces of nature controlled and directed by Allah. It is the battle cry and the anthem of this fight for supremacy. Victory for Muslims is victory for Islam and for monotheism, and it is Allah's victory over false gods. Victory comes from Him and proves His supremacy. This was the main meaning of the term in the early centuries of Islam. Today it is a mark of Islamists and jihadis, as well as all others who wish to restore the ancient grandeur of Islamic empires, where "the crescent must always be on top of the cross," as described by New York-based Muslim Brotherhood activist Ayat Oraby.[7]
It is worth noting that Allahu Akbar is uttered by both Sunni jihadis and the Shi'ite leadership of the Islamic Republic of Iran (which was established as an "Islamic State" long before ISIS). In every major sermon delivered by the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the crowd, comprising thousands and sometimes tens of thousands, chants "Allahu Akbar" together with "Death to America" and "Death to Israel."
http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/9492.htm

Once again, we in the west refuse to recognize the threat. islam cannot coexist, it must conquer. It is written into the fabric of that which is the "religion" of islam.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Allahu Akbar

Post by Top Gun »

Okay, who took away TB's widdle binkie and blankie? He's getting all scawwed again.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Top Gun, you're such a jerk.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I wonder if TG talks to his students like that.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Only when they act like dumbshits! :D
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:Only when they act like dumbshits! :D
This is why everyone younger than 30 speaks in profanities. The teachers don't care to teach students the skills to live and work in a civilized society.

Recently I had a sales pitch made to me (and my business) by a company that does web design. In the BUSINESS e-mail I was sent, the salesman used profanity as if it were just some kind of everyday acceptable language.

Needless to say I didn't even respond and deleted said e-mail.

It's ridiculous.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Ah, the classic "damn kids these days" chestnut, blissfully uttered by curmudgeons throughout the millennia and proven wildly incorrect for every bit as long. I mean clearly one email with some unfortunate word choices is indicative of the direction of an entire generation of human beings, right? Amusingly enough, despite my periodic frustrated grumblings at them, I firmly believe that the vast majority of my students have good heads on their shoulders, and I'm confident that they'll do just fine wherever they wind up in life. If I can do a little bit to help get them there, then I think I've done my job. One thing I do try to instill in them is a mindset free of ugly little things like rampant Islamophobia. Clearly all of TB's teachers failed him in that regard.

Look, anyone with even a basic grasp of social skills knows that we all put on different masks and play different roles depending on whom we're interacting with at that time. You wouldn't talk to your grandmother the same way you would talk to your boss, or to your young child the same way you would talk with a buddy at the bar. Even as a teacher, I would interact very differently with a class full of high school juniors and seniors than I would with a room full of 3rd graders. It's completely natural to tailor one's vocabulary and expression based on one's audience. Lord knows interacting with a bunch of angry old white men griping about lord knows what this week on a mostly-dead Internet message board demands a certain level of colorful vocabulary from me.

Oh, and maybe it's just me, but automatically tossing out what could be a potentially lucrative and fulfilling business association just because of a minor lapsus linguae seems incredibly short-sighted to me. At the end of the day, they're just words. Then again I don't presume to tell other people how they should do their jobs.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:One thing I do try to instill in them is a mindset free of ugly little things like rampant Islamophobia.
There is no such thing as 'islamophobia' - but there is such a thing as islamorealism. islamophobia is a fantasy created to dismiss and mock the real concerns that western civilization should have for a backward supremacist and violently intolerant death cult known as islam.

And who are you calling white, gringo?

Profanity has no place in a civil conversation- that's why there is no civility.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

LoL, this guy^ talking about civility...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:There is no such thing as 'islamophobia'

Yes there is. The fear of islam is the very definition of islamophobia. And who worships islam? muslims. It would be equally applicable to the fear of christianity, or the fear of judiasm, or even the fear of bhuddism and the people who worship those religions.

The only people who tell us that islamophobia is a fantasy are those who espouse anti-islamic rhetoric.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:
The only people who tell us that islamophobia is a fantasy are those who espouse anti-islamic rhetoric.
Wouldn't it be OK to be anti-nazi? The fact that islam cloaks itself as a religion makes it even more dangerous.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:Wouldn't it be OK to be anti-nazi? The fact that islam cloaks itself as a religion makes it even more dangerous.

While the differences between religion and ideologies are marked by the amount of people that carry those beliefs, the difference is one is globally recognized as a religion and the other is globally recognized as genocidal. One targets beliefs, the other targets physical attributes. One doesn't care what a person looks like, the other does.

Have you ever met a moderate nazi?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'm amazed TB is able to leave his house every day with how terrified he is of ebil turban-wearing boogeyman. Duck and cover!!!
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:Have you ever met a moderate nazi?
The German people were all 'nazis' under that regime. Not all embraced everything that the party stood for nor did they participate in the genocide- but they were compliant and supportive.

The same thing happens to muslims. Most do not participate in the jihad nor particularly hate those that would be considered kafir (unbelievers)- but they are compliant and supportive of those that do. They were raised under that murderous ideology and know no better.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:I'm amazed TB is able to leave his house every day with how terrified he is of ebil turban-wearing boogeyman. Duck and cover!!!
Coming from an ignorant fool like you, I wouldn't doubt that you think all the "brown people" wear turbans. It really is sad that such a failure of a "teacher" is destroying our future.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:
The German people were all 'nazis' under that regime. Not all embraced everything that the party stood for nor did they participate in the genocide- but they were compliant and supportive.

The same thing happens to muslims. Most do not participate in the jihad nor particularly hate those that would be considered kafir (unbelievers)- but they are compliant and supportive of those that do. They were raised under that murderous ideology and know no better.

in other words, no. you have not. thanks for making yet another terrible association and showing that you frankly, do not know ★■◆●.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:
Top Gun wrote:I'm amazed TB is able to leave his house every day with how terrified he is of ebil turban-wearing boogeyman. Duck and cover!!!
Coming from an ignorant fool like you, I wouldn't doubt that you think all the "brown people" wear turbans. It really is sad that such a failure of a "teacher" is destroying our future.
Are you really so idiotic that you can't even tell you're being mocked?

And you let me worry about my kids. I can promise you that they'll turn out a hell of a lot better than you ever did. They won't be utter wastes of oxygen, for one.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Are you really so idiotic that you can't even tell you're being mocked?

And you let me worry about my kids. I can promise you that they'll turn out a hell of a lot better than you ever did. They won't be utter wastes of oxygen, for one.
Racist white boy aren't you?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

in other words, no. you have not. thanks for making yet another terrible association and showing that you frankly, do not know ★■◆●.
Uh...right. Whatever.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:
Top Gun wrote: Are you really so idiotic that you can't even tell you're being mocked?

Racist white boy aren't you?
Tell you one thing TB, you always leave us laughing. Like, the fact that you're being blatantly racist towards literally every Muslim on the planet and then can turn around and accuse other people of being racist is funny as all hell.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Tell you one thing TB, you always leave us laughing. Like, the fact that you're being blatantly racist towards literally every Muslim on the planet and then can turn around and accuse other people of being racist is funny as all hell.
...when did islam become a race?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So that's what you're taking away? Quibbling over terminology? (Shall I invent "faithist" for you instead?) Not any sort of introspection whatsoever over what you're actually saying here? *slow clap*
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:So that's what you're taking away? Quibbling over terminology? (Shall I invent "faithist" for you instead?) Not any sort of introspection whatsoever over what you're actually saying here? *slow clap*
Perhaps I should bow to you, O' self-appointed champion of 'all brown people.'
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:

So NS, do you condemn ALL Germans from that time when they were under the spell of the Nazis, in other words, they were just hated sheeples? I think not. Same goes with Muslims. We already have quite a few living in the states and they are model citizens. They create some great food and architecture. Do you condemn ALL Muslims for the sins of the few? In fact, there are quite a few Muslims expressing their distaste for ISIS in a very public way.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Wow…”You Suck”…that’s harsh… :lol:

That is what you say about a rock band.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

But if they used mommy and daddy words then TB would be all upset. :E
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No reason to use foul language when insulting someone, in fact it’s more effective when you don’t use foul language.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote: Do you condemn ALL Muslims for the sins of the few?

I condemn islam, not muslims.
tunnelcat wrote:In fact, there are quite a few Muslims expressing their distaste for ISIS in a very public way.
Not really-
St. Louis Muslims Put Up Misleading ‘HEY ISIS, YOU SUCK’ Billboard

A new billboard in St. Louis proclaims:

HEY ISIS, YOU SUCK!!! From: #ActualMuslims. Life is sacred. Koran 5:32.
At last, is this the moderate Islamic movement that the U.S. and the Western world have been so eagerly waiting for? The seemingly invisible movement that the Left says includes the vast majority of Muslims?

Well, not quite -- or at all.

This billboard is in St. Louis, not Raqqa. Obviously, the Islamic State isn’t going to see it unless it shows up on their Twitter feeds and Facebook pages. If the goal really were to insult the Islamic State to its face, the billboards would indeed be going up in an Islamic State stronghold, and would be in Arabic.

So we already know that the target audience for the billboard is not ISIS at all -- it’s non-Muslims.

The goal of this billboard is to reassure Western non-Muslims that Muslims really do oppose the Islamic State and its actions. St. Louis-area Muslim Tariq Malik, one of the organizers of this initiative, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

We as a community are trying to get the word out, you know, that we are as much affected by this ISIS issue. We need to let people know that we are much against ISIS as anyone else, if not more.
These acts are being done in the name of religion, which really has nothing to do with the religion. It just has to do with radical people taking on their own agenda and hijacking the name of Islam.

Unfortunately, the billboard’s argument is completely negated by its reference to Qur'an 5:32. Because the Qur’an does NOT say “life is sacred” in 5:32 -- or anywhere else.

Western leaders and Islamic apologists claim wonderful things about 5:32, often referencing it -- President Obama has done so himself.

But this is what 5:32 actually says:

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel [the Jews] that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption in the land -- it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one -- it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.
And our messengers had certainly come to them [the Jews] with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them [the Jews!], after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

And here is 5:33, which immediately follows:

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth corruption [the Jews, naturally] is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land.
That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.

“Life is sacred,” huh.

First: note that 5:32 is NOT a general prohibition of killing. On the contrary, 5:32 details when a Muslim is not allowed to kill, but also when a Muslim is allowed to kill. Muslims are allowed to kill to avenge “a soul or for corruption in the land.”

Second: note that 5:32 is not a general command. This command is only for and about the Children of Israel -- the Jews.

Third: “[M]any of them, after that … were transgressors.” Allah gave a command to the Jews, but the Jews transgressed against it.

Thus, 5:32 and 5:33 explain what must be done to punish Jews who reject Muhammad. Objectively, the passages could not possibly stray any further from the billboard's statement that 5:32 implies “life is sacred.”

Ibn Warraq sums it up:

The supposedly noble sentiments are in fact a warning to Jews. "Behave, or else" is the message. Far from abjuring violence, these verses aggressively point out that anyone opposing the Prophet will be killed, crucified, mutilated, and banished!
Muslims in the St. Louis area do not have access to ANY programs in mosques or Islamic schools that teach young Muslims why they should reject the understanding of Islam taught by the Islamic State. With the Islamic State continuing to recruit young Muslims from the U.S., that is a grave and telling omission.

This billboard in St. Louis -- which is set to be rolled out nationwide in the near future -- is not what it appears to be.

In reality, it is a continuation of the ongoing effort to make sure that Americans remain ignorant and complacent about the true ideological roots, nature, and magnitude of the jihad threat. That, to use the billboard’s parlance, is what “sucks.”
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2 ... epage=true

:wink:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote:Tell you one thing TB, you always leave us laughing. Like, the fact that you're being blatantly racist towards literally every Muslim on the planet and then can turn around and accuse other people of being racist is funny as all hell.
Not to mention he equated them with Nazism.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:[Not to mention he equated them with Nazism.
Well, they do call for the extermination of the Jews...and anyone that refuses to submit or convert to islam.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If you ever set foot in the closest mosque you'd probably die from the sheer shock of your unfulfilled prejudices.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:
Ferno wrote:[Not to mention he equated them with Nazism.
Well, they do call for the extermination of the Jews...and anyone that refuses to submit or convert to islam.
And with that statement, you've just become everything you hate.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-wh ... li=BBnbcA1

not directly pertinent, but a good read that informs about blind, blanket hatred.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:
Nightshade wrote:Well, they do call for the extermination of the Jews...and anyone that refuses to submit or convert to islam.
And with that statement, you've just become everything you hate.
What? islam doesn't call for the extermination of the Jews? Can you prove me wrong?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:What? islam doesn't call for the extermination of the Jews? Can you prove me wrong?

That's not how it works. You made the claim, you had better back it up. Don't feed me any 'google it' lines.