Outrage towards childless individuals.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Outrage towards childless individuals.

Post by Ferno »

http://neurosciencenews.com/psychology- ... sness-6182
Data representing individuals from across the United States indicates that U.S. adults are increasingly delaying the decision to have children or forgoing parenthood entirely. Yet evidence suggests that voluntarily child-free people are stigmatized for this decision, according to a study published in the March 2017 edition of Sex Roles: A Journal of Research.
Have you fallen into this trap, or at least felt a bit of disdain towards people who don't have kids?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Outrage towards childless individuals.

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I chose not to have kids. Don't feel different or treated different for it.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Outrage towards childless individuals.

Post by Tunnelcat »

I also choose to not have kids as well. But there is a slight subjective pressure in this country to have them. Many religions only want couples to have sex if they intend to procreate and have kids, anything else is a sin, so there's an example of societal pressure in favor of raising a family. One of the most common questions that I get asked by complete strangers, mostly women, is do I have kids. Most of the time when I say "no", their reactions vary from silence to "Oh, OK" and the conversation then dies on the vine like I've committed some sort of female heresy. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.