Cringeworthy?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Cringeworthy?

Post by Nightshade »

Although I do support withdrawal from a climate pact that did nothing to help fight "global warming," but cripples the US unnecessarily...why did it have to be TRUMP to do it? :P

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Cringeworthy?

Post by Top Gun »

Does it ever get tiresome having no idea what the hell you're talking about?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this is the final(major) step of a 4-part process which has effectively separated us from the rest of the planet.
1. The Euros are giving up on us, wholesale. The talk is serious of dropping the US from the G7 economic club, even.
2. We dumped the TPP with ZERO backup plan. Enter, China, Japan, India into the void. We're focusing on a deal with Vietnam. Sad.
3. We abdicate responsibility in the world's move to renewables. Once again, enter China, Japan, Euro nations etc to the forefront. The idea that the climate pact did nothing for the US was ludicrous. It placed us in a leadership position in the move to the energy sourcing of the future. We have a leader that wishes us to push coal, fercryingoutloud.
4. We have in place no State Department leadership to speak of, with a ton of unfilled diplomatic posts, too. We cannot even negotiate or discuss economic shared concerns if we wanted to.

All in all?

the boy sure got what he paid for, huh?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

When you have scientists quitting Trump's cabinet and three states going in a contrary direction of the administration, that's when you know his decision is wrong.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'd hope for my state to join, but the center of it is essentially Alabama. Seriously, when you drive the turnpike out west, there are literal coal propaganda billboards on it. I can't make this ★■◆● up.

(The best part is how Cheeto name-dropped Pittsburgh, only for its mayor to immediately tweet, "Yeah we want nothing to do with your bull★■◆●.")
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Oh I believe you.

Coal down there is worshipped and revered like Jesus ★■◆●ing Christ and the American flag.

I'll bet you if you mentioned coal to someone there, they would literally get a hard on about it.

----------------

Just an aside, are you getting the sense that this is starting to play out like 'Return of the Jedi'?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Top Gun wrote:I'd hope for my state to join, but the center of it is essentially Alabama. Seriously, when you drive the turnpike out west, there are literal coal propaganda billboards on it. I can't make this ★■◆● up.

(The best part is how Cheeto name-dropped Pittsburgh, only for its mayor to immediately tweet, "Yeah we want nothing to do with your bull★■◆●.")
Oh, my trout camp is located in Union Country. You are correct. James Carville once described the Commonwealth as "You have Philly on one end, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in the middle"
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that said, I see no point in individal states joining the accord. The focus has to be on removing the loons that thought this to be a bright move. This agreement, on the enviromental side, was the first to actively get the committments from developing nations(and yes, the developed world kicked in some incentive funding, Trump cut off 2 billion of a 3 billion dollar committment). On the economic side, it provides both incentives and market access clout to particpants as the global economy moves away from fossil fuels. I have heard nothing of complaint from ANY US business, and that includes 3 energy companies I hear from as an investor.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well geez. We're now part of a tiny world minority, joined only by Syria and Nicaragua. Nice company. What a giant step down for the former greatest nation on Earth. We've now been relegated to what amounts to a lowly third world status, all at the behest of a delusional tinpot autocrat who's only concern seems to be destroying all things created by Obama without any thought to the consequences.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Tunnelcat wrote:Well geez. We're now part of a tiny world minority, joined only by Syria and Nicaragua. Nice company. What a giant step down for the former greatest nation on Earth. We've now been relegated to what amounts to a lowly third world status, all at the behest of a delusional tinpot autocrat who's only concern seems to be destroying all things created by Obama without any thought to the consequences.

George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

He's a pre-teen bent on rebelling against anything his 'parents' have done or said.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

And now today Putin is praising the decision. Good little puppet! Have a biscuit!