Hatred extending into violence.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Hatred extending into violence.

Post by Nightshade »

As you have probably seen, I myself have been subject to venom from people like TopGun- but there is a point where this hatred inevitability turns to incitement to violence.

Yet another example-

Police have blocked off Georgia Republican Karen Handel's neighborhood after reports that letters containing a white powdery substance and calling Handel a "dirty fascist" were left at homes of her neighbors.

Cops have been going from mailbox to mailbox after finding the "suspicious package," according to local reports, which also indicate that Roswell police continue to flood to the area.

A neighborhood resident posted a picture of the contents of the envelope. She told the Washington Free Beacon that several letters were distributed and that they contained white powder.

The content of the threatening letter, posted below, contains graphic language.

"Your neighbor Karen Handel is a dirty fascist ★■◆● but I'm sure you already knew that," the letter says, according to a picture. "Take a whiff of the powder and join her in the hospital you Bourgeoisie ★■◆●."

"RESIST THE FASCIST TAKEOVER!!!!," it says. " STRING UP THE COLLABORATORS!"
http://freebeacon.com/politics/powder-f ... ghborhood/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Hatred extending into violence.

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

in all seriousness, the Right sowed these seeds of hatred for 20 years, to be accurate, and now seem SHOCKED that maybe some on the other side decided to match the vitriol. Ironic? Sure is, but we DO need to marginalize ANYONE who advocates for violence. That voice of moderation needs to be heard from elected officials, and it would be nice if we still had a POTUS who did so, as well(cue to hyperbolic, hate filled lies about Obama in 3,2,1....).
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, all I can say is that THEE INCITER IN CHIEF, has already claimed protection from any future prosecution with presidential immunity. Will it stand even if people won't stand for it anymore?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/ ... incitement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... move-past/

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea…it’s funny how the “rhetoric can incite violence” mantra has gone silent.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Yea…it’s funny how the “rhetoric can incite violence” mantra has gone silent.
it has? Not so I can notice. You care to have me look up proof that isn't the case, or wish to do it yourself?
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You can’t prove ★■◆●…you never have.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:You can’t prove ★■◆●…you never have.
hilarious. So sayeth the guy who regularly makes pronouncements in here and runs away and hides when asked to back them up.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

and here's an ongoing discussion, one of many. It took me around 24 seconds to locate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18io_PSybHI
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:
Spidey wrote:You can’t prove ★■◆●…you never have.
hilarious. So sayeth the guy who regularly makes pronouncements in here and runs away and hides when asked to back them up.
No, you are the one who always talks about "facts" and "proof" and generally deals in absolutes...I tend to speak my opinions, and have no compulsion to back them up.

And….lol…did you even bother to listen to that video you posted…lol…

(he is making the opposite argument to what I said went silent)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

read the commentary, the point is still being made, heavily.
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:As you have probably seen, I myself have been subject to venom from people like TopGun-
Yes TB, calling you out on your bigoted bull★■◆● on an online forum is totally the same thing as sending a death threat. Totally.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:As you have probably seen, I myself have been subject to venom from people like TopGun

awwaaaaahhhh someone on a forum called me a baaad name, baawwww! i'm being cyberbullied!

Yeah let me get a mop for your bucket of tears. My heart bleeds for you.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and to Spidey, another major outlet(WSJ), presents Peggy Noonan, addressing the matter for more liberal types:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/r ... li=BBnb7Kz
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

JFTR I never said the "conversation" ended or ever would.

But that video you posted first was the perfect demonstration of how people have gone into denial.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it was, but I felt the responses to be interesting.
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I sure wouldn't want to incite violence and hatred, but ★■◆● Peggy Noonan and the horse she rode in on.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

trying to reason with people who get Lord Dampnut confused with a syphillus addled British Monarch is part of the challenge:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/calling ... ependence/
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m surprised NPR would even tweet the words of any of those dead white slave owning cisgendered bigots.

:twisted:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:I’m surprised NPR would even tweet the words of any of those dead white slave owning cisgendered bigots.

:twisted:
then, it is clear you don't have the first ★■◆●ing clue about NPR. You might wish to give them a listen.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I stopped listening to public radio for the same reason I'm now cutting back on public TV.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:I stopped listening to public radio for the same reason I'm now cutting back on public TV.
as the Ramones put it: ignorance is bliss. By the way, NPR has been doing this, I believe as far back as when I was still in graduate school. I'm 62 now.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:I stopped listening to public radio for the same reason I'm now cutting back on public TV.
So does that mean you now rely on Fox News, Breitbart and InfoWars for all your news? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Tunnelcat wrote:
So does that mean you now rely on Fox News, Breitbart and InfoWars for all your news? :P

geez, I would hope he didn't mean THAT. However, I have, ever since 1978 or so, found Public Broadcasting(PBS/NPR) to be a cultural, broadening and intellectual oasis is a sea of stupidity. I've heard discussions of fine art, great books, heard music I would never have blundered into on my own, seen ALL sides of most major issues(consistently for decades), and heard and seen exchanges of opinion between informed adults. Why anyone would EVER wish to cut such out of their lives, when it comes essentially free(a few pennies in taxation, and a lot of private giving makes it go). Care to enlighten me on what I've been missing(and I'm basing these upon programming heard and seen in Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Delaware)??
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

What I like about NPR is they actually talk at a reasonable pace, commercial stations talk a million miles an hour so they can get to the next ad break faster. NPR has no ads, so they have the whole hour to work with and talk like humans instead of super fast robots because of it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:By the way, NPR has been doing this, I believe as far back as when I was still in graduate school. I'm 62 now.
Was Twitter using the telegraph back then?

And come on TC…you know I get all of my news from Comedy Central.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:
callmeslick wrote:By the way, NPR has been doing this, I believe as far back as when I was still in graduate school. I'm 62 now.
Was Twitter using the telegraph back then?
covered wagon :twisted:
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:What I like about NPR is they actually talk at a reasonable pace, commercial stations talk a million miles an hour so they can get to the next ad break faster. NPR has no ads, so they have the whole hour to work with and talk like humans instead of super fast robots because of it.
That's the best part. You don't get blasted will all those retched drug and medical "problems" ads. Even though I'm part of the target audience for that sort of stuff on the main network news shows, I hate seeing it constantly plastered wall to wall in between the news all the time, especially during dinner. Gag me.
Spidey wrote:And come on TC…you know I get all of my news from Comedy Central.
Sorry Spidey. I couldn't resist. :mrgreen: