I'm simply SHOCKED! Shocked, I say!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

I'm simply SHOCKED! Shocked, I say!

Post by Nightshade »

Clinton Foundation to keep Harvey Weinstein's $250,000 donation
The Clinton Foundation will not return as much as $250,000 in donations from disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein following the accusations of sexual harassment and rape.

The foundation said Sunday that donations, ranging from $100,000 to $250,000, have already been spent on projects, The Daily Mail reported.

The move to keep the money was expected following tweets from the foundation’s spokesman Craig Minassian.

“Suggesting @ClintonFdn return funds from our 330,000+ donors ignores the fact that donations have been used to help people across the world,” Minassian wrote on Twitter.

Suggesting @ClintonFdn return funds from our 330,000+ donors ignores the fact that donations have been used to help people across the world. https://t.co/dBXNZwAkWS
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 ... ation.html

"Already been spent" is total bull★■◆●. I'm sure they could return $250,000 or take $250,000 out of their funds to compensate Weinstein's victims or to the causes of his victims' choosing.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: I'm simply SHOCKED! Shocked, I say!

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Heaven forbid that the Clintons show even a smidgen of a moral compass. And Hillary wonders why she didn't get more women voting for her. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So let me get this straight: the foundation should dip into its coffers and give money to a habitual sex offender. This is your idea of a good plan.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, all of this wanting to give the money back is a purely emotional response, there is no real logic to it.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

earmarking a charity around abuse victims is one thing, giving it back is sort of funding his legal defense.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:earmarking a charity around abuse victims is one thing, giving it back is sort of funding his legal defense.
There's that I guess.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.