* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4547
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
...worth noting that these liberals are being shouted down for supporting free speech.


_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Mars
Did you watch the whole video? Do you even know who these guys are?

_________________
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4547
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
vision wrote:
Did you watch the whole video? Do you even know who these guys are?


I'm interested in hearing who YOU think they are. Describe them for me please.

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Mars
So, you don't understand what it is you watch, if you watched it at all? OK, that's what I figured. I guess this was posted on one of your outrage outlets and you, being part of the mindless outrage machine, did you duty and reposted. Thanks for that I guess. Too bad they didn't give you a meaningful commentary to post along with the video, but maybe you get paid by the post so that extra copy and paste takes too much time?

_________________
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4547
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
vision wrote:
So, you don't understand what it is you watch, if you watched it at all? OK, that's what I figured. I guess this was posted on one of your outrage outlets and you, being part of the mindless outrage machine, did you duty and reposted. Thanks for that I guess. Too bad they didn't give you a meaningful commentary to post along with the video, but maybe you get paid by the post so that extra copy and paste takes too much time?


The men on the video are Tim Pool (freelance self described left of center journalist) and Sargon of Akkad- formerly a gamer/game streamer turned commentator.

Neither of them are alt-right, "fascist" or nazi.

So you tell me- what do you think they are?

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Mars
Nightshade wrote:
The men on the video are Tim Pool (freelance self described left of center journalist) and Sargon of Akkad- formerly a gamer/game streamer turned commentator. Neither of them are alt-right, "fascist" or nazi.

So, anyone left of center is a liberal in your eyes? Because Sargon of Akkad isn't Alt-Right, he's a also liberal? Can you define liberal and how each of these guys fit that description and also how they don't fit the description? This should be easy if you are actually familiar with them.

_________________
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4547
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
They call themselves liberal. I'm just interested in what YOU call them.

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Mars
Nightshade wrote:
They call themselves liberal. I'm just interested in what YOU call them.

Sure, but have you actually listened to these guys before this video was handed to you by the outrage machine? Because I have. And from your own quote "Tim Pool [is a] self described left of center journalist." So, he's both a centrist and a liberal? When someone says "left of center" that doesn't mean "leftist" and WTF do you consider a leftist anyway? (Don't answer that, because I know it's anyone that isn't an Islamaphobe).

I'm still not convinced you watched the video. Pretty sure you just posted because you have a sick compulsion. Where is your insightful commentary about the video's content's? We already know you aren't too good with complex thinking, but maybe you can try? LOL.

_________________
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4547
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
vision wrote:
I'm still not convinced you watched the video. Pretty sure you just posted because you have a sick compulsion. Where is your insightful commentary about the video's content's? We already know you aren't too good with complex thinking, but maybe you can try? LOL.


I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.

I'm interested in hearing about how you (and others here) characterize Sargon and Tim Pool after having watching and listened to what they had to say.

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 14231
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
Nightshade wrote:

I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.

put another way, two fellows with no clue, no inside information and ideological blinders functionally welded to their heads, opine about things they know fuck all about. What an amusing intellectual exercise.

Quote:
I'm interested in hearing about how you (and others here) characterize Sargon and Tim Pool after having watching and listened to what they had to say.

I did, and the above sort of sums it up.

Meanwhile 3.2 million citizens are in dire risk, our President calls them lazy, essentially. This nonsensical ideological masturbation means what, why?

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Mars
Nightshade wrote:
I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.

That's too bad, I was hoping for more from you. Sargon basically gave these same views on free speech in a podcast I watched a couple months ago. He's a brilliant guy, but there are problems with his argument and he seems to dismiss them as unimportant. He's "generally" right, but more semantically than ethically.

Still I get the sense you only posted this because you saw two centrists (leftists to you) jump on the SJW hating bandwagon and that was good enough to confirm your bias.

_________________
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14329
callmeslick wrote:
put another way, two fellows with no clue, no inside information and ideological blinders functionally welded to their heads, opine about things they know fuck all about. What an amusing intellectual exercise.



Okay, where did you get that from?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:14 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 14231
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
because the two parties blabber on and ascribe motivations about which they are clearly guessing.

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Descent'rs have piloted these pages
 
The layout and contents contained within this site are © DescentBB.net 1997-2006.
Descent, Descent II are © Parallax Software Corporation.
Descent III is Outrage Entertainment.
Descent is a Trademark of Interplay Productions.

Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.
.


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group