Still think

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Still think

Post by woodchip »

Obama was good for our country?:
In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States, according to a POLITICO investigation.
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... stigation/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Still think

Post by Tunnelcat »

So? Priorities woody, priorities. Obama is no longer president, Trump is, last I checked. So my question to you is, has Trump made our country any better, or at least made any better deals like he bragged about during his campaign, better deals than those bad ones that Obama obviously made? He hasn't even gotten his own DEA supported and protected from the swamp monsters in Congress and the evil lobbyists from private enterprise in order to protect his own citizens from the greedy pharmaceutical companies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 1f8e247f26

Meanwhile, Trump's out there strutting his stuff and saber rattling with a mentally unstable North Korean dictator who has his hands on more nukes than Iran currently has. He's even undercutting his own Secretary of State since he thinks he can do things better. Ready for a little radioactive fallout because of Trump's big fat mouth woody?

Speaking of North Korea, Trump also has a problem now with figuring out how to stop a new illicit funding method that this enemy of the U.S. has creatively come up with. It gets around those sanctions Trump loathes too, so it should be right up his alley for some brilliant Trump solution. It appears Bitcoin is the new way NK has found to fund itself, despite the sanctions. Since we know that Trump doesn't really believe in sanctions, what's Trump got up his sleeve to stop that little problem? Nuke the place? That's the only concrete idea I've heard from him as of late. If Trump can come up with a better deal or solution that doesn't involve war, I'll be positively amazed. :wink:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/bitcoin ... egime.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Wait, are we comparing the failed war on drugs to the dangers of nuclear proliferation? Looks like someone has warped priorities...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know. Which is worse, President Reagan selling actual military arms to Iran and getting screwed in the process since Hezbollah decided to seize even more hostages after releasing the first batch as part of Reagan's "deal" (I'm not even going to mention what Reagan did with the money he got from the deal), or President Obama's decision to not interfere with Hezbollah's drug income all because he wanted a nuclear deal with Iran?

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

smokescreen du jour, and my little trip down to VA, and the rumors I'm hearing, explain why. Remember a few short days ago, when Cheetolini's people were squalking about Mueller getting 5000 transition team emails from the GSA(perfectly legal if a criminal investigation ongoing), when the Orange One's people had complied already by coughing up the paltry 183 or so which they deemed relevant? Over the weekend, it is rumored, the White House and Transition team officials were informed that Mueller has had the whole bundle of emails for MONTHS, and thus, clearly asked them only to confirm the extent of obstruction ongoing. This ★■◆● just got real for literally a couple dozen people.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Related to Woody's post:
Israeli politicians lashed out at former US president Barack Obama after an exposé in Politico alleged that his administration had blocked a major investigation into Hezbollah’s global drug trafficking activities so that Iran would sign the 2015 deal to curb its nuclear activities.

“Obama must return his Nobel Peace Prize,” if the Politico story is correct, Yesh Atid chairman Yair Lapid said.

“Israel warned repeatedly that there can be no connection between the nuclear deal and anti-terror activity, certainly against Hezbollah... We also warned of this specifically, because of the proven link between Hezbollah and Iran.”
http://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/ ... eal-518430
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If Israeli politicians hate it, that almost automatically makes it a good thing.