Best thing Bush has done as president.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Best thing Bush has done as president.

Post by Gooberman »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html

Whoever works the hardest should get the job, imo. So long as it isn't used to just find out who the illegals are and deport them. But I believe Bush has good intentions on this one...I hope....
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

If by good intentions you mean legitimizing them so that they pay taxes, then yes. But seriously, from the brief article it sounds like a good thing to me.

The best thing Bush has done for me is drop capital gains tax so I don't have to pay as much for my dividends.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

See... he ain't all THAT bad!
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

What I mean by good intentions is that he isn't just doing this to find out who the illegals are so he can deport them in 3 years. Or better yet deny their proof that they are currently working and send them back now.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'm having a hard time understanding the motives of people who complain about this and claim it's for national security reasons *cough*Shaun Hannity*cough*. I think they are a bunch of xenophobic bigots in denial.
The 'illegals' already live here, and work here, so where's the big increased security threat?

The new law wouldn't bring more people in than already migrate here, but it would let them come in without using criminal methods ie; smugglers.

It will increase the tax revenues without increasing the cost very much since they already reap the benifits now they will contribute to the tax revenue to help pay their way.

It will allow the government to identify millions of good people who had to live like criminals to avoid deportation, they won't be buying forged documents...accepting sub-standard treatment from employers who threaten to turn them in...etc.
Thereby reducing the volume of people who will, for criminal reasons, be illegal, so our law enforcement personel can focus their efforts on a smaller group.

It's like increasing the law enforcement and increasing the tax revenue without a porportionate increase in spending to get the benifits.
Win, win.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

For once, I completely agree with Will Image
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

If the illegal aliens are willing to earn their keep, more power to them.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Birdseye:
For once, I completely agree with Will Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With age comes wisdom.
I'm not getting smarter you're just growing older Image

<small>(not meant as a typical condecending age thang)</small>
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Unfortunately will, I think I would have agreed with you 5 years ago on this issue Image