A Peerless Murder

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

A Peerless Murder

Post by woodchip »

The coronors inquest into princess Di's murder may become interesting to follow:

The senior member of the Royal family who Princess Diana believed was plotting to kill her in a car crash has been named.

It is hoped the inquests could eventually shed light on the flurry of conspiracy theories surrounding the events of August 31, 1997. Speculation that the couple were murdered by MI6 has circulated for years with Dodi's father, Mohammed al Fayed, insisting they were assassinated by the British secret service.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_85 ... theadlines

While I didn't hold much truck in the idea that Di was murdered, I will now follow this new line of speculation to see what comes of it. Quite frankly though, I don't understand why, if the butler had this letter all along...that it has taken this long to get a investigation going.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

The only person responsible for Diana's death is Diana herself. If she had been wearing her seatbelt she would have survived the crash. The only person to be belted in (her bodyguard) was the only one who lived. Somehow, that message never seemed to get out.

That said, she is dead. Let's move on.

Oh, and on a side note: If I hear of Brittney Spears' 12 hour marriage one more time, someone is going to get hurt.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

It was 55 hours.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

She died because it was her time to go. Debating who or what is responsible is just a waste of time. Just let her pass on with the decency that she deserves and lets move on. This tabloid material is getting old real fast.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Ahh... the fundamentalist take on any death is that it was her time to go. By that reasoning it was time for 3000+ people to go on September 11, 2001 and there should have been no public outrage since Al-Qaeda was simply exercising the will of God. But where'd Free Will go?

It's easy to cope with something when you involve an omnipotent "higher power". But the sort of blind faith that this implies is rather dangerous.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

she died because it took over an hour for her ambulance to reach a hostpital 5 miles away.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

She died because her driver couldn't hack it.