DBB Mail Support ...

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

DBB Mail Support ...

Post by KoolBear »

Is not operational. Richard Cranium is aware and has plans on repair as soon as feasible.

This effects yout \"Topic Notificatino\" and user email feature. You can still PM but the DBB won't notify anyone. I doubt that any of your notifications are que'd so make sure you check back frequently.

KB
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

While the email server is not available, it is highly recommended you do NOT change your email address or other important account details. As phpbb automatically deactivates accounts when you change your primary details and it won't be able to send the activation email. Your account would be locked out until an administrator reactivates it, and not everyone has a easy line to communicate with the admins when they don't have access to the board.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Good point Krom

To contact me use my username here @gmail.com
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re: DBB Mail Support ...

Post by Richard Cranium »

KoolBear wrote:Is not operational. Richard Cranium is aware and has plans on repair as soon as feasible.
I'll admit it... I caused the problem. It was unexpected but I did it. I removed one of the servers in the Seattle data center for maintenance and the email server that handles the SMTP relay for the DBB was depending on it for DNS lookups and wouldn't switch to it's backup DNS server. I think I've patched around that for now.

RC
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

Incidentally, I don't think avatar upload is working either. I went to update mine a couple of days ago and now I don't seem to have anything at all. Perhaps the permissions on the upload folder are messed up?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

HeXetic wrote:Incidentally, I don't think avatar upload is working either. I went to update mine a couple of days ago and now I don't seem to have anything at all. Perhaps the permissions on the upload folder are messed up?
You can get around that by uploading the avatar you want to use to imageshack or any other hosting service, then linking to it in the "upload from URL" option.