footer?

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

footer?

Post by ccb056 »

whats up with the new addition to the footer?
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

No idea, have to ask Xciter...being we're not hosted by them anyway...(at least I don't think so)
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

That's pretty sleazy. You already pay for them to host you, and then they foist advertising on us without our consent? How unprofessional.
WHN
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by WHN »

As explained to the owner of your forums

We are upgrading and troubleshooting Semi-Dedicated servers today, because each server only has 10 customers per machine, we have a very limited amount of accounts to test with.

Once the tests and bug fixes are done on each machine, the test configurations will be removed.

Before you start name-calling, its wise to first learn of the issue instead of coming to a immediate conclusion and calling us "Sleezy" and "SOB"s"

Its completely uncalled for.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Im using this host for my phpbb forums (I've got the permium plan)
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

edited, fine I'll be nice. :(
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I feel bad for the WHN guy who posted that... it creates a lot of negative publicity for the company.

Had he simply said "We are currently upgrading and testing the servers. We apologize for any inconvenience. Service will be restored to normal momentarily" that would've been better... and had he simply contacted Jim and let him deal with it, it would've been better still.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Total BS!!

Those guys spit out an email and without conformation from the site owner, Kevin, go ahead and spam their crap here? What kind of podunk backwards azz host is this?

And the unprofessionalism displayed by this assclown, to go so far as to have a hissy fit when we are upset about something on OUR forum? WTF is that all about!??!?

I say we pull from these clowns now as there was a breach of security, a breach of professionalism and god knows what else they have/can done/do...

Having said all that, I will offer my server for the dbb. free of charge, and all admins kept in place. No more bills, no more screwball hosts and no more outsiders messing with our forums.

Un Fing Believable!

I am not going to come here and ★■◆● about something and not be part of the solution!