Love the new features..

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Love the new features..

Post by Behemoth »

The tracker, teamspeak server and d2 tracker are all awesome, I was wondering, would it be possible to implement a Server on demand into the DBB?
i'm pretty sure theres a server machine that has enough to be able to put up a game, maybe even two..
any chance we could see this happen?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re: Love the new features..

Post by KoolBear »

A D3 server? I don't see why we couldn't I like the sound of that. Since I don;t have root level access I'll need to get with RC.

It would be nice if Jeff250 could figure out how to make a D2 server on demand :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

While the DBB server pool probably has the spare CPU and bandwidth to run a couple D3 dedicated servers on demand, one key consideration is: location. It should be fine for west coast players, but I'm not sure it would be as good for east coast or midwest players. At any rate I would recommend finding additional servers beyond just the DBB ones in different geographic locations (possibly including some overseas ones) in order to really complete such a server on demand system.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I agree, is there any people who would mind sharing their server capabilities to tie in with this system?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

I am in Houston and have high speed cable and two idle machines ... one of which has d3 running on it
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

KoolBear wrote:It would be nice if Jeff250 could figure out how to make a D2 server on demand :)
What do you mean? D2 is peer-to-peer. You can think of this as everyone being their own server.