Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.

Post by roid »

i know it's been there a while, but is anyone else kinda bothered by the "Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o." written on the bottom of every DBB.net page?
it's probably there coz the term "miner wars" is in the official forum title of that subforum and for legal reasons it's "proper" to thus have that disclaimer. But ... eeeeeeeehhhhhhh is that kindof legalese really nessesary for an internet forum?

The reason it bothers me a little is because it implies that the company has an official legal relationship with the forum, and thus that this forum may not be entirely impartial when discussing their products. I'm not saying that's the case - but i'm saying that it may look like that to an outsider, an impression that it may be worth taking an effort to avoid.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.

Post by Krom »

I use stylish for Firefox to clip the whole footer out of the page (and the forum descriptions / other space consuming bits I don't need to read after 13 years of reading them).
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

hahaha - never even notice that at the bottom of the page.....
Prepare for DESCENT!