Can some one help..???

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Can some one help..???

Post by Phaser »

I want my signature to show when i make a post, but when i try to check the box in my profile that says ALWAYS SHOW SIGNATURE it wont stay checked. I can't figure out why. I check the yes and i click apply or update...which ever one it is and i go back to see if it stayed and it went back to the no. The other settings i change stay the way i changed them but that one doesn't. Is there another way i'm supposed to change it? Can anyone help me? Thanks
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

Not sure why it won't stay checked, but as we have no sigs (and haven't for a really long time), it doesn't much matter. 8)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Sigs are turned off by the admins until further notice. No amount of talking about it will help.
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

It is automatically turning off because sigs are disabled. Same probably happens with HTML.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Signatures only work in private messages. Currently, thats the only spot where the "Show Signatures" option will stay checked when you enable "Always show signature".
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

sigs were disabled to to abuse.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Grumble...need to remove that check box...grumble
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Ferno wrote:sigs were disabled to to abuse.
From what I remember about the whole "abuse" thing, wasn't something as trivial as people complaining about 4-line-sigs instead of the maximum of 3 lines? It's been a long time since then; surely a few days' trial with sigs back on wouldn't kill anyone.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

No, but turning them back off again when the opposite side complains about them taking away from the thread, or that someone used a color they didn't like, or it takes up more than 3 lines on their 640x480 screen might kill a few people...:(
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Top Gun wrote:
Ferno wrote:sigs were disabled to to abuse.
From what I remember about the whole "abuse" thing, wasn't something as trivial as people complaining about 4-line-sigs instead of the maximum of 3 lines? It's been a long time since then; surely a few days' trial with sigs back on wouldn't kill anyone.
Actually, it was over the actual content of them. Lets just say it had religious implications, some were offended, and a certain admin got tired of the bitchin' and turned sigs off. That about covers it.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

The admin didnt do a good job of dealing with the situation. The 1 or 2 individuals who were responsible were allowed to continue and weren't dealt with until later, and so rather than dealing with those individuals (which would'nt have been alot of work to do), the sigs became disabled.