Bug thread

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Bug thread

Post by Tetrad »

At the bottom of the forum display template the old icons are there but the IMG tag seems to have the dimensions of the other images we used, or something, as they're stretched out.

And are remote avatars going to be disabled or what?
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Iceman's title is wrapping. See example here: phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=12838#12838
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

grr
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Also the icons are stretched on the search results page.
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

Iceman's title looks fine here.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Uploading avatars doesn't give me any errors, but the image itself is broken apparently. At least the upload from remote URL is.

And there's an extra space over two of the subgroups on the main forum page.

Should you change the link on the front page to point to /phpbb/ instead of cgi-bin/ultimate.cgi? And what is going to be done about the whole news/game portal stuff?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Tetrad wrote:Uploading avatars doesn't give me any errors, but the image itself is broken apparently. At least the upload from remote URL is.
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/208119579440412fdd7c844.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/descentb/public_html/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 477
I get that when I try to upload an avatar from my machine.
Xciter-test

Post by Xciter-test »

Testing.

Tet... the front page has been changed to go to www.descentbb.net/phpbb Clear out your browser cache.

And the old ultimate.cgi link redirects to the new site also. I can't see keeping the news section up as most of it points to the old board.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Xciter-test wrote:Testing.

Tet... the front page has been changed to go to www.descentbb.net/phpbb Clear out your browser cache.

And the old ultimate.cgi link redirects to the new site also. I can't see keeping the news section up as most of it points to the old board.
Oh, well my bookmarks were set to index.shtml. That's the link I was referring to.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

I don't see the New Post image in any forum or threads.
Mozilla Firefox/winxp
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Here's another bug:

(when in france ) do the doggie doo :P

Yup there be a bug. If I try to put a emoticon after the word "france" while it is in parenthesis, the emoticon jumps to the end of the sentence.

(when in france ) :P

Even just using just the phrase in parenthesis the emoticon jumps out.
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

Don't know if you'd call this a bug or not, but a response on this thread (which I need to turn off the auto-notifications) ended up in my spam box.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

SSC-Thunderbird wrote:Don't know if you'd call this a bug or not, but a response on this thread (which I need to turn off the auto-notifications) ended up in my spam box.
Thats not a bug dummy. ;) What we refer to as bugs are glitches in the board software that affect users HERE.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Fixed the rank wrapping issues...
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

not sure if this qualifies as a bug either, but when i hit the "mark all threads read" in the multiplayer forum it shows all of the threads in the forum as read, even ones made after i hit the all threads read button. i still get the enrgy icon showing there are new threads in the froum, but when i actually go into the forum they are all blue, new or not.

:(