Reviewed in PC Gamer

Discussions about the new six degrees of freedom game from Cadenza Interactive.

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Reviewed in PC Gamer

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I just recieved my copy of PC Gamer and Retrovirus has been reviewed. They gave it 74%.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Reviewed in PC Gamer

Post by Foil »

It's a surprisingly-good game, for an Indie. Definitely recommended, if you can run it with a decent framerate.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

An it's on sale until the 29th -- $11.99 ! :D
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Foil wrote:It's a surprisingly-good game, for an Indie. Definitely recommended, if you can run it with a decent framerate.
If I can get a (mostly) playable framerate on a freaking Pentium 4 machine, I figure that just about anyone should be able to handle it. :P

I want to finish chugging my way through the singleplayer campaign before I try out multi, so hopefully after I finish that up, I'll be able to jump in a game or two.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

If I can get a (mostly) playable framerate on a freaking Pentium 4 machine...
Wiiiierd.
Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that my laptop slows to a slideshow when I'm in any sort of heavyish combat, even on the lowest graphics settings. And I'm not the only one who's been complaining about low framerates in singleplayer either. The others' specs are usually a lot better than mine!

The problem must be more complex than just complex graphics or something simple in the AI code (AI code is what the dev team thinks is causing the slowdown -- it makes sense since the slowdown is singleplayer-exclusive).
Maybe there's something in the AI code that's interacting with certain kinds of hardware to cause it to expend far more power than it needs to on running the game, but it doesn't do the same on other kinds of hardware?

'n yeah, I did try updating my graphics drivers and other drivers but there were no updates :? .

On the other fork of the tail, I should be asking what the graphics card on your machine looks like :P. You can't trick a trickster. Except sometimes, when you can. And sometimes, when the trickster thinks someone's trying to trick them when really they're not.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Well, the card is a 1 GB ASUS HD 4670, so it's definitely not the bottleneck on my system in general. I wonder if it comes down to pure CPU core speed, since at least my chip is 3 GHz. What's your laptop run at?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

2 and a quarter GHZ I believe.
Its graphics card is a 512 mb nVidia so it's not that much worse than yours.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.